Hail Mary Analysis

Started by Ric Gillespie, July 24, 2015, 09:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Romig

Quote from: Greg Ladjimi on July 26, 2015, 11:34:00 AM
Image 345, top left corner cropped and enhanced.  The large object in the corner may be the bigger fish that shows up in some of the photos immediately following this photo.  I possibly see some of it's white stripes, as well as the tail in the back.  Can't explain the rounded "bluish" tube object.  The larger object looks like it may be casting a shadow right over the tube object.
sure looks like a fish. But the fin looks pretty round. Almost like a heater element out of a hot water tank. Who knows what it could be. Maybe it is a fin.

George Lam

Once again, whatever it is, it doesn't show up in image 346, per my earlier post with the image attached.

Monty Fowler

I'm a little surprised these fish don't have their own agents yet, demanding "appearance fees" and the like.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CE
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Bob Smith

I agree with the heater element idea, craig. A little like the dust pan handles we used to make in metal shop made from 1/4 or 3/8 in. rod bent over on itself and attached under the pan with rivets. Greg's picture with the  dashed yellow box showing the area of the object still shows something sticking out from the rounded thingy, but the picture is a different scale (smaller) and I can't bring it up to a decent size. Maybe someone could enhance it so the pixels are more smooth.
Where's my pictures of the flare and starter cartridge for comparing to can1 and 2??
Bob S.

Bob Smith

Here's something for pic. 346 comparison: look familiar? Cigarette holders found on Amazon..
Bob S.

Ted G Campbell

Reply #42 looks like a sprocket.

Krystal McGinty-Carter

I have been on vacation this week so I am just coming back to the forum.  In reference to the "tubes" that keep coming up in the photos. (I have yet to request the dropdown link so I haven't seen all of the photos)  Maybe my sunburn is affecting my judgment but could they be broken off pitot tubes?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lockheed_10_Electra_-_Science_Museum.jpg

Just a thought.

Paul March

Small cylinder shape in the upper left hand corner of #566?  :)

Ric Gillespie

Quote from: Paul March on July 29, 2015, 01:25:08 PM

Yes.  That's "Can 2".  It's visible in several photos.  See discussion earlier in this thread.

Paul March

Quote from: Ric Gillespie on July 29, 2015, 01:30:40 PM
Quote from: Paul March on July 29, 2015, 01:25:08 PM

Yes.  That's "Can 2".  It's visible in several photos.  See discussion earlier in this thread.

Quick on the draw Ric, was just about to edit my question stating that it may simply be another view of can 2!

Krystal McGinty-Carter

Quote from: Bob Smith on July 27, 2015, 09:34:54 PM
Here's something for pic. 346 comparison: look familiar? Cigarette holders found on Amazon..

Could be, but somehow I don't see Fred using one of those. (Its a funny mental image though!)

Ric Gillespie

Quote from: Krystal McGinty-Carter on July 29, 2015, 04:59:42 PM
Quote from: Bob Smith on July 27, 2015, 09:34:54 PM

Could be, but somehow I don't see Fred using one of those. (Its a funny mental image though!)

These are sea urchin spines (on land).  Look familiar?

Krystal McGinty-Carter

Im coming into the middle of this after being away for a week so Im unfamiliar with the scale of the images.

Ric Gillespie

Quote from: Krystal McGinty-Carter on July 29, 2015, 05:12:54 PM
Im coming into the middle of this after being away for a week so Im unfamiliar with the scale of the images.

You can sort of tell the size the sea urchin spines by the shells around them. They're small. A few inches.

Bob Smith

"These are sea urchin spines (on land).  Look familiar?"
Does sort of look like the "cigarette holder", Ric , but why would there be only one of them if it was a sea urchin spine?
Bob S.