Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search terms  (Read 7815 times)

Craig Romig

• T3
Search terms
« on: September 06, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »

I am trying to search for how high the tide is at the edge of the reef in normal weather. What search terms can I use to better my search

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Search terms
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:38:36 PM »

I am trying to search for how high the tide is at the edge of the reef in normal weather. What search terms can I use to better my search

Use the Google box on this search page.

Put in "tide" and "niku".

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »

I am trying to search for how high the tide is at the edge of the reef in normal weather.

Depends on what part of the reef and what you mean by "the edge."  What state of the tide?  High tide? Low tide? Somewhere in between?  What time of the month?  What time of year?

I have a hunch that the questions you're trying to answer are a whole lot more complicated than you realize.

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 04:24:32 PM »

I'm wondering if the bevington object if there when Lambrecht flew over would have been in how deep of water.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 02:19:43 AM by Craig Romig »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 04:48:36 PM »

I'm wondering if the Newington object if there when Lambert flew over would have been in how deep of water.

Auto-correct strikes again.  You mean the Bevington Object.   
When Lambrecht flew over the tide was high with significant surf. The Bevington Object was well hidden from view .

Craig Romig

• T3
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 06:56:03 PM »

Fixed that. Thanks. I was thinking it was from what I read. But sometimes you can see into the nonwhite cap ocean a little ways. When above. Even some goggle earth stuff I've seen before.
But he may not have looked into the ocean. Or white caps May have obscured the view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org