Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Hail Mary Analysis  (Read 181238 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: Hail Mary Analysis
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »

We are NOT going to start speculating about vague shapes in the coral. That way lies madness.

What Ric said. Since this is not my area of expertise (if I tell you what that is I have to kill you), I shall leave it to those with better eyes than me, while I indulge in non-Niku pursuits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Noel Brettoner

• T1
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »

Photo 565 shows two anomalies you may already be scrutinizing; which I have 'boxed'.
The first one is a light-coloured right-angle flat piece adjacent to the round anomaly.

Seemingly straight edges and right angles are surprisingly common in coral formations.  It is of course possible that there are pieces of airplane debris whose shape has been partly disguised by accumulated sand or coral growth but the only way to check them out is by physical examination or with a metal detector.

The second a smaller round anomaly at about "4:30" "clock-face" direction.
Any thoughts?.

Those little round features are not uncommon.  I don't know what they are (possibly former sea urchins?) but they're not man-made objects

Thanks Ric for your prompt valued replies, much appreciated.  :)

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »

Hi All

Sorry Ric that is what number my iphone showed it as, when i checked drop box it says number 474

For some reason my iphone shows a lot crisper image than wen viewed on pc, However it is still intresting

Thanks
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:29:16 PM by richie conroy »

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 11:02:34 PM »

Hi All

Sorry Ric that is what number my iphone showed it as, when i checked drop box it says number 474

For some reason my iphone shows a lot crisper image than wen viewed on pc, However it is still intresting

Thanks

Enhanced area of interest in regards to Richie's post - Looks to be a fish tail! (Stanley again?).  And what looks to be the dive weight line running through center of image.

Greg

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 06:24:58 AM »

Looks to be a fish tail! (Stanley again?).

Not Stanley.  Different fish with polkadot fins.  He shows up in other photos.
And yes, that's the dive weight rope.

Mark Gillespie

• T1
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 08:06:01 AM »

I can definitely see a rat with beady eyes and a tail in Richie's photo.

Seriously though, I got excited when I saw it because I made out a line consisting of a number of coral features with a furrow running parallel next to it. However, it looks to be a trick of the light.

I presume that once the mosaic is ready larger scale features will be easier to spot...

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 08:13:39 AM »

I presume that once the mosaic is ready larger scale features will be easier to spot...

The mosaic should give us a better idea of what the bottom topography looks like and where things are in relation to each other. The mosaic is coming along but it's a tedious process.

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 11:34:00 AM »

Image 345, top left corner cropped and enhanced.  The large object in the corner may be the bigger fish that shows up in some of the photos immediately following this photo.  I possibly see some of it's white stripes, as well as the tail in the back.  Can't explain the rounded "bluish" tube object.  The larger object looks like it may be casting a shadow right over the tube object.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 06:37:56 PM »

Can't explain the rounded "bluish" tube object.  The larger object looks like it may be casting a shadow right over the tube object.

There has been much discussion about what you call "the rounded "bluish" tube object" in 345. Some have suggested that it may be not a tube but a "channel section" as in aircraft stringer.   It does seem to be under, and possibly attached to, the larger object which has an unusual straight edge.

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »

It seems to me a tube might have a dark line(shadow or surface reflecting less) on the either side of a lighter line but there is a lighter line above the upper dark line.
3971R

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:06:22 PM by Greg Daspit »

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 09:01:15 PM »

Image 352 has a wider view of the same area in 345 where that strange object occurs.  Here's 352 rotated to match 345's approx. angle.  Also attached is 345 for reference.  The coral was easy to match to each image to verify that it's the same general area being looked at.  I believe it was the big fish sneaking in the top corner when the camera snapped the image in 345.  The "channel section" shape in 345 isn't visible at all, as far as I can tell, in 352.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:04:34 PM by Greg Ladjimi »

Dennis Wyers

• T1
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »

Hi All, first post... hello from Australia!

In photo 555 the rock in the middle drew my attention because of the strange fan shaped lines on it, then i also noticed a metallic looking spherical shape under the top right of the rock.

Edit: Image fixed. Sorry about that. ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:54:17 AM by Dennis Wyers »

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 10:18:33 PM »

Last one of the night.  Donut shaped thing in 368 with what appears to be a hole in the center.  Also appears in 369.  Just making observations.

Mark Gillespie

• T1
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2015, 02:02:46 AM »

Adding onto 565, I've put a red box around what looks to me a possible cylinder-like shape running diagonally from top left to bottom right. I understand that it is probably just an alignment of natural edges...

Skip Daly

• T1
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »

Curious as to what photos might exist from the time between GPS points 39 and 40, as that seems to be when the camera passed in closest proximity to the anomaly "proper", no...?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org