Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike Campbell, Truth at Last (Saipan, Government Conspiracy)  (Read 54617 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator

From an e-mail received today:

Quote:The popular and widely accepted myth that the disappearance of Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan in the Central Pacific during their ill-fated world flight attempt in July 1937 remains among the 20th century’s greatest mysteries is false, the result of a decades-long U.S. government disinformation program that continues to this day. My second book on the Earhart matter, Amelia Earhart: The Truth at Last, presents many stunning new findings, eyewitness accounts and analysis, and never-before-published revelations from unimpeachable sources including famed U.S. military generals and iconic San Francisco newsman Fred Goerner’s files that reveal the truth about Amelia Earhart's death on Saipan, as well as the sacred-cow status of this matter within the U.S. government. Truth at Last explodes the popular myths that Amelia Earhart’s Electra, NR 16020 crashed and sank in the waters off Howland Island on July 2, 1937, or landed on  the reef of Nikumaroro Island, where the supposedly hapless fliers perished soon thereafter of thirst and/or starvation. Unlike many Earhart treatments, Truth at Last is a serious book, thoroughly researched and documented to stand up to the scrutiny, skepticism and even contempt it will surely attract.

In 1991, having studied the work of Thomas E. Devine, the late author of Eyewitness: The Amelia Earhart Incident (Renaissance House, 1988), Goerner, Paul Briand Jr., Vincent V. Loomis and others, I visited Devine at his West Haven, Connecticut home. When I left, I was certain that Earhart and Noonan had died in Japanese captivity on Saipan, and that the U.S. government is still determined to deny that fact. After fourteen years of correspondence and collaboration with Devine, other Saipan veterans and experts from the innermost circles of Earhart research, With Our Own Eyes: Eyewitnesses to the Final Days of Amelia Earhart was published in 2002 by a small Ohio company, Lucky Press, as some of you  know.

Though poorly marketed, With Our Own Eyes was well received by many within the Earhart research community.  Four years after its publication, armed with many new findings and insights, I began writing Truth at Last, which makes a far more compelling case for the famed aviatrix’s presence and death on Saipan -- a fact that flies directly in the face of accepted establishment doctrine. Because the truth about the fliers' deaths on Saipan is anathema to our government's longstanding political agenda, the establishment will not be forced to recognize this book's existence without the support of people like you, Americans who are sick of being deceived by this government at every turn, and who are unafraid to demand the truth. Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan deserve much better than to have their fates relegated to the dustbin of alleged historical "mysteries," never to see the light of day. Truth at Last might well be their last best chance for historical vindication.

As we approach the 75th anniversary of Amelia Earhart's last flight -- and the government-controlled media's disinformation and misdirection that will certainly accompany it -- I respectfully ask for your kind support of Amelia Earhart: The Truth at Last. The cause is just and the time is getting very late. Truth at Last is available at  www.Amazon.com and www.SunburyPress.com, or through your favorite bookstore upon request. Please forward this letter to anyone who might be interested, and thanks for your time and consideration. Media members interested in reviewing the book should contact Sunbury Press at  publicity@sunburypress.com.  A website, www.earharttruth.com, will be up soon with more informtion about the book and the Earhart case. I look forward to your comments.

Sincerely,

Mike Campbell

Knoxville, Tenn.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: Mike Campbell, Truth at Last (Saipan, Government Conspiracy)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »

WOW! Mystery solved. I guess we might as well cancel the trip to NIKU next month.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:30:44 AM »

WOW! Mystery solved. I guess we might as well cancel the trip to NIKU next month.

That is exactly the conclusion that was reached by the fellow who sent the e-mail to TIGHAR.  It's fortunate that the book appeared before Niku VII left port.  It will be expensive to cancel the trip, but not nearly as expensive as completing the expedition.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 07:38:05 AM »

I feel sure that Ric will see to it immediately.  LOL

I wonder how much this guy hopes to make off of his book.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »

Not another conspiracy theory! Kennedy, 9/11, global warming and so on.
Whatever happened to Occam's razor ?

This must be the place

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:20:46 AM »

Not another conspiracy theory! Kennedy, 9/11, global warming and so on.
Whatever happened to Occam's razor ?

I believe it is about to be swept away by Malcolm's Razor.   :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »

"and the government-controlled media's disinformation and misdirection that will certainly accompany it"

This writer's faith in the government to do the type of high-level coordination required to implement such an activity as this, for the prolonged period of time required in order for it to be effective, is quite touching, even endearing ...

I shall now go to bed at night assured that not only did Amelia and Fred die on Saipan, but that the Tooth Fairy makes regular nocturnal visits, Santa Claus has been responsible for everything that appears under the Christmas Tree every year, and that I will find a largeeeeee pot of gold the next time I get to the end of that special rainbow.

LTM, who still writes a wish list every Christmas,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR no. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:46:46 AM by Monty Fowler »

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »

I believe I said it once before but I will say it again. I cannot for the life of me understand what would be of such political importance if by some bizarre chance this theory was correct concerning Earhart's disappearance that it should still be concealed by the US government. In 1937 the US was a medium level power, Earhart and Noonan were simply adventurers and the Japanese activities in the mandated territories were well understood - seriously who would care. Still a good conspiracy theory, just like a hyped up unsolved mystery will always sell books.

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »

Very good points, Malcolm - I thoroughly agree.

Had the pair somehow blundered into the Japanese in the 'wrong' place (I think highly unlikely) they might have been in trouble somehow out of paranoia, but it's an incredibly long-shot at best as I can understand the whole picture.  They had no reason to be in such areas.  Adventurers is a good description - spies is nonsense I believe, and I believe you gave very good reasons for that.

LTM -
Take a look at the navigation of supposed spy flight scenarios here and here.

gl

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »

Take a look at the navigation of supposed spy flight scenarios here and here.

Superb work, Gary!  I love this line in the first article: "The Japanese also understood navigation. It would be very difficult to convince them of a legitimate need to search near Truk, 1880 miles from the outer limits of her likely position or even to search near Mili, fully 530 miles away."

That's the best Forum laugh I've had in weeks!   :)

Unfortunately, you have labored in vain, since by the use Malcolm's Razor, we find that the Staged Disappearance Hypothesis is absolutely equivalent to Crashed-and-Sank and the Niku Hypothesis, since all three are equally unproven.   ::)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »

Superb work, Gary!  I love this line in the first article: "The Japanese also understood navigation. It would be very difficult to convince them of a legitimate need to search near Truk, 1880 miles from the outer limits of her likely position or even to search near Mili, fully 530 miles away."

That's the best Forum laugh I've had in weeks!   :)

Unfortunately, you have labored in vain, since by the use Malcolm's Razor, we find that the Staged Disappearance Hypothesis is absolutely equivalent to Crashed-and-Sank and the Niku Hypothesis, since all three are equally unproven.   ::)
Well I hoped that it would be understandable to non navigators, you were my test case ;). At the risk of revealing a long concealed navigator's secret to the uninitiated, "it ain't rocket science," mainly just common sense  with some technicalities thrown in just to keep it interesting

gl

Chris Owens

• T2
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »

Readers are cautioned that many of the websites that carry plans and instructions for fabricating tin-foil hats are deliberate misinformation

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

Bored graduate students willing to do anything to avoid the gut-wrenching anxiety of finishing the dissertation can be quite creative

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

Diego Vásquez

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 12:26:29 AM »

Whatever you do, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR AFDB!!  The MIT/Rahimi et al study mentioned above by Chris was debunked long ago and proven beyond any doubt to be a government-funded effort to get sensible paranoids to remove their Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies (AFDBs), which are the only low-cost, reasonably effective method of combatting government mind control for most of us.  For a thorough, well-documented rebuttal to the MIT/Rahimi paper that would meet even Malcom's excating standards, see: 
MIT/Rahimi Rebuttal

For more general information on the effectiveness of AFDBs, see also this excellent website for true information unadulterated by government operatives and their misinformation campaigns.
AFDB website

I know government infiltration when I see it, and I fear that Chris's attempt to resurrect and portray the MIT/Rahimi study as somehow legitimate tells me that this is exactly what has happened to TIGHAR.  I'm afraid I have no suggestions as to what can be done about this infiltration, other than just be careful what you say.  Also, FWIW, the Centurion has never seemed to me to be as effective as the Fez, but YMMV. 

I want to believe,

Diego V.
I want to believe.

Diego V.

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 12:46:23 AM »

Whew, talk about thread drift. 

I was going to remove the last two postings, but since this thread got started with a crackpot theory, I guess they fit with the theme.

I'll let them stand for now as an example of such, however, I'd like to see this not diverge into a discussion of unrelated wacky grad student projects, so lets stay on target if we can, and try to deal with only wacky theories about AE's disappearance.

Thanks, and pass the foil.

AMCK

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »

Tom King, TIGHAR's lead archaeologist, has published a review of The Truth at Last on his Amelia Earhart Archaeology blog.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org