Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike Campbell, Truth at Last (Saipan, Government Conspiracy)  (Read 53944 times)

Vahe Demirjian

• T1
Re: Mike Campbell, Truth at Last (Saipan, Government Conspiracy)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »

The paper "Amelia Earhart in the Marianas: a Consideration of the Evidence" has now been published --- anyone reading Campbell's new book on AE should not fall into the trap of a supposed government coverup of AE's disappearance.

If Jeff's Glickman's assessment of the debris field found off Nikumaroro north of the Norwich City wreck holds water with Niku VIII, Mike Campbell will leave the research arena in embarrassment so that he can end up suffering bouts of depression, disappointment, and heartbrokenness.

Kent Beuchert

• T1
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »

I think that Campbell's theory has pretty much been shot to hell  the preceding critiques,
which are mostly technical, the best kind. However, one of my biggest problems with these
theories is the way they blithely assume that the Japanese would have made the  two flyers
 prisoners, and then executed them!!   That's quite a claim and one I find totally illogical.
You may be aware that before the war the Japanese air force had inadvertently bombed
an American navy ship in China, killing several American military personnel. The Japanese govt
immediately and profusely apologized and made financial restitution for the victims. I
mention this to illustrate that, in 1937, Japanese/American relations were hardly on a
wartime footing. It would be another 3 years before the Japanese would even become
 a member of the Axis and Japan depended upon U.S. oil, scrap iron and steel, which
she could  not obtain elsewhere. The incident in China put local Japanese commanders
and officials on full notice that they were not to act independently vis a vis American
nationals. So the idea that a local Japanese official or commander would take the obviously
extreme action of executing a world-famous American woman without higher authorization
is totally ridiculous. And it can be assumed with confidence that the higher authority would
eventually have to be  the Emperor Hirohito, and furthermore, that Hirohito would under
no circumstances which I can imagine, have allowed such an execution to take place.
It should seem obvious that the Japanese would return Earhart safely to the Americans
and reap enormous goodwill from the American populace.  The preceding I believe to be
a strong argument against any of the "Japs-capture-execute-Amelia" theories. They
blithely assume the (to me) totally implausible.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 06:28:31 AM »

It's all part of TECTIC - The Earhart Conspiracy Theory Industrial Complex. But it does provide some diversionary reading.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org