Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos from Symposium  (Read 95634 times)

Irvine John Donald

• T5
Re: Photos from Symposium
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »

Sorry for the incorrect post guys, I was just eyeballing it. It's clearly way too far west. I also misunderstood the level of intensity in this group - I thought it was way more casual. But I can see you guys take this thing very seriously indeed (especially after reading through some previous threads going back a few years). I will return to the shadows and just listen. Maybe somebody has an answer to this question, though: All the materials on Tighar showing the LOP place it to the east of Gardner - how far east? In other words, how short of Howland would they have had to be to line up with Niku on the 157 line? Or let's say within easy visual range of Niku? Oh, and what exactly is a "centroid"? Is it just the center of the plotted data? Also, I misstated the LOP - it's not 157/357 (duh) its 157/337. LTM, Charlie

Please continue to post Charlie. I finally met a lot of the people who post here at the symposium. Believe me when I say they are all intelligent, well intentioned, salt of the earth people. And not a scary one in the bunch. Every one of them would instantly help a total stranger. And they won't admit this but they are also pussycats. LOL.
One of the things that was made clear this past weekend is the absolute respect each one of them holds for the right to freely speak your mind and for others opinions. You keep posting. You say what you think. You will be respected for it.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

i just done this quick for you not sure if it is right way  :-\

Did no one notice i got the image the right way  :)

i posted my image at 08:51:20 AM

Irv uploaded image of Jeff's photo diagram at 10:26:14 AM

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »

great mods think alike.
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »

the picture i posted

:)

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »

my point being, if i can see it then why can't every one else ?

great work by Jeff Glickman though  :)

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »

because it isnt on a silver platter. I kinda said awhile back that it looked like a gear. Just didnt think it was upside down. :-\

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:31 PM »

my point being, if i can see it then why can't every one else ?

great work by Jeff Glickman though  :)

Perhaps because many people are looking at it objectively.

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

There were some detractors too-

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »

There were some detractors too-

Detractors is an emotive word Tom - I prefer objective, at least it frees us from messianic overtones. 

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »

Obviously the hypnotic trance that Ric uses works.

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »

Obviously the hypnotic trance that Ric uses works.

Now Tom, why not come out and say that you can't handle it if people are open-minded enough to question the Nikumaroroan hypothesis and would like to see a little firm evidence other than extrapolations from artifacts that could owe their origins on the island to events anytime over the period of settlement. There is nothing wrong or unusual about questioning of that type, in fact it is a perfectly natural and logical position to take. If and when TIGHAR produce something incontrovertible that links Earhart with Nikumaroro then I'll accept that the hypothesis is proved to be correct. This July they have the chance - let us all hope that they do.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 02:34:17 AM »

Malcolm

What's the link to your website ?

I would like to see your work on the search for Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan ?

TIGHAR has plenty of non believers, so grab a ticket an join the queue

you'll accept the hypothesis ?, Am sure Tighar will Rumble on weather you accept it or not ....   

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 06:52:40 AM »

Malcolm---TIGHAR has some evidence, and is taking a expedition to validate is possible its theory. I'm not saying that all the artifacts I saw convinced me that AE was at the seven site. Quite contrary. Same as aircraft parts. We dont know anything for sure, other than the parts, and seen in pictures 'appear' to be consistant to that an Electra had. More research on that continues as we speak.
Oh Malcolm, I can handle other views. Gary and I got along just fine, and I'll bet he has been the most vocal of disenting views." If and when TIGHAR produce something incontrovertible that links Earhart with Nikumaroro then I'll accept that the hypothesis is proved to be correct. This July they have the chance - let us all hope that they do. " I certainly agree with that. There is alot at stake here.
lts just get along, support TIGHAR, and all be objective. But---is the NEW BRITIAN  theory your hypothesis, or do you have any others? I would really like to hear them. Really I would. Because---all of this fits together.
tom

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »

Richie, I always considered the 'shadow' extending away from 'Nessie' to be, well, a shadow. If you look at the treeline at the beachead there are no shadows cast, first image.

Second image is your composite with the 'shadow' circled in yellow and, the 'shadow' circled on the airplane. Is that the bottom of the engine nacelle? Should be approx 48 - 60 inch diameter. Don't know the exact depth of water at that location but, it might explain why 'Nessie' is able to stay upright.
IMHO

This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 03:32:56 PM »

Jeff

Have a look at this image, see were arrow points at the dark upright object ?

then follow the dark lines along white line

do you see them ?

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org