Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos from Symposium  (Read 94788 times)

Irvine John Donald

• T5
Photos from Symposium
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:43:28 AM »

Hi forum readers. I am going to post photos from the event throughout the three days of the symposium. It's 12.25pm on Friday in Washington. I have just posted a test picture to the web link below. I am not sure how often I can post that will depend mostly on my camera and iPad batteries. Please reply if there is a particular shot you might like or that you think I am missing. Wish you were here.

The hall is starting to fill up nicely. The test shot is the empty meeting room being set up.

The link is. https://picasaweb.google.com/irvdonald/Earhart75thSymposium?authkey=Gv1sRgCIKup5u7tdXUlQE

If it breaks then let me know. Thanks.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: Photos from Symposium
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:46 AM »

Picture looks great Irv. Keep it up!
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

James G. Stoveken

• T2
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »

WOW!  An unexpected pleasure!  Thank you JDI!  Any pictures or info is much appreciated.
Jim Stoveken

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:15:43 PM »

Good work Irv. Thanks for sharing.
This must be the place

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »

I am so mad I couldn't make this. GRRR  >:(

But thank you for sharing these.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »

Irv, no new photos since the search patterns. Are you broken?
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »

C.W.

Looks like their on a break  ;D

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:38:11 PM »

Chris, he put several more up that I didn't see before including those from Arlington.

Irv, thank Bruce for those of the grave marker.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »

Those shots of Nessie are amazing! Something is there for sure, but what!?  Almost looks like a wave was hitting it as the picture was taken. I can see "man made" parts though.

Good work guys!
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 03:26:45 PM »

Thanks Bruce, knew you had your own visits to make but its also nice to see those other markers.

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »

Those shots of Nessie are amazing! Something is there for sure, but what!?  Almost looks like a wave was hitting it as the picture was taken. I can see "man made" parts though.

Good work guys!

Just wish I could see something appart from a circle within a circle.

Brad Beeching

• T3
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

Thank you so much for thinking of those of us who could not attend... I have pulled my monitor closer and wiped the dust from the screen in anticipation of your pictures...

Thanks Again!

Brad
Brad

#4327R

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »

Thanks Bruce, knew you had your own visits to make but its also nice to see those other markers.
You are too subtle, Chris!  "Markers" indeed!  I had to read your comment again to catch that.

Hey, at least I found him within a couple of hours of entering that huge Arlington National Cemetery ... without needing to "circle and zoom".  BTW if anyone wants to similarly find Lambrecht's grave, the final picture shows it in relation to the amphitheater where the Tomb of the Unknowns is.  Standing at the extreme right side of the balcony area (overlooking where the Changing of the Guard ceremony begins for the guard coming on duty), look over the brow of the hill to the right in order to spot Lambrecht's marker.  Oops, I used that word again.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

no7up

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 07:03:04 PM »

The Monte Carlo results are interesting. Since they were well short of Howland, it explains why they did not see Baker Island on their way down the 157/357 line. Also, following the 157/357 line SE from the centroid puts them right on top of Nikumaroro.

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 06:47:09 AM »

The Monte Carlo results are interesting. Since they were well short of Howland, it explains why they did not see Baker Island on their way down the 157/357 line. Also, following the 157/357 line SE from the centroid puts them right on top of Nikumaroro.

Wounder what GLP will have to say about that one  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org