Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos from Symposium  (Read 94787 times)

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Re: Photos from Symposium
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »

there is a few odd shapes, just under water surface were Jeff has pointed out ?

don't no one else them ?

Richie, I think we're all holding our breath for a few weeks,  in hopes that something more substantial will be seen in new photos. :)

Oh dear, look at the time!  I've got to get my bag packed and downstairs to breakfast, and then the final sessions of the symposium:  "Niku VII: The Upcoming Underwater Search" and the "Round Table Discussion of Alternative Hypotheses."

LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012, 05:08:57 AM »

How does the latest imaging of Nessie fit in with the theory that the wheel got stuck in a groove/fissure now that it is clear that it is the Oleo strut stuck in the groove/fissure?
Or is it still attached to something?
Any ideas?
Thanks for posting the images Irv, invaluable service provided.
This must be the place

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:13:24 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2012, 05:23:27 AM »

Its a bit like looking at clouds for bunnies but to me I see something under like the birds been flipped over?

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2012, 05:39:17 AM »

That would be a reasonable explanation Chris. It would really be stretching the theory of the gear being torn off and then the Oleo strut somehow being wedged into a groove/fissure with enough force to hold the gear upright.
This must be the place

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 05:48:51 AM »

Good morning folks. I hit the maximum on the free Picassa storage last night. I will take more pictures today and post all of them to a web site when I get back home tonight. The conference centre here has a different wifi connection that makes it very awkward and slow to access the Internet without some special code hat I don't have. It will be a fight to try fixing my storage issue from there.

Jeff Glickman is unsure if the shadow shown is a wing or just shade from a cloud. He can't say for sure at this point.  Bruce is right that we just have to let some more analysis take place.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Heath Smith

• T4
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 06:18:56 AM »

Bruce and Irv,

Thanks for the updates.

I am still a bit confused as to what is the overall dimensions of the anomaly are versus the size of the tire. I also have spent quite a while looking at the photo to determine what might be the strut, fender, worm gear, or even the tire for that matter, but have not been able to see what others are seeing.

If either of you get a chance, could you perhaps put some labels on the attached photo so that the rest of us can see what Jeff is talking about? The attached is an enhanced cropping of the CNN photo (CNN Picture.jpg) that was posted some time ago. We can use that as a template for creating marked up photos.

I am particularly interested in the dimensions of various pieces in the photo but also the proposed location of where Bevington snapped the photo and where the anomaly is thought to have existed. I have been working on my own analysis for some time now and would like to see how they compare.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Update- Thanks for posting the latest pictures Irv. I have an idea as to where the parts are supposed to be located. If you have any more details about the various dimensions and locations please pass them on. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:28:14 AM by Heath Smith »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »

i just done this quick for you not sure if it is right way  :-\
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »

It's the area inside the yellow lines am interested in, if u look at unedited picture u will notice the outline i have marked out...

second picture, underneath of an Electra,

if Earhart's Electra is on it's roof, maybe able to match up shadows  :)

Member# 416

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »

Hi Richie

The depth of the water here is measured in a few feet and inches. Not enough for an Electra to be upside down and under water. 

Jeff Glickmans slides were a great visual to his verbal presentation. There is a slide with a yellow triangle on it.  That slide represents Jeff's calculations as to where the photo was taken from (top left of triangle) and then triangulating from the two shore points from the photo. The object is marked on the triangle. Going from memory it's About centre and close to the top line. I'm using my iPad so can't add the photo here. Sorry

It is my hope that Jeff and Ric will release the presentation. Even so it would be Greta to have audio from Jeff explaining all of the slides. It was a very well done presentation. The object is near the reef edge and located where there is a fissure in the coral.  I can answer more questions later.

The rest of the day on Sunday was spent discussing alternate theories and other ideas with great interaction on the group. I have shots from the first session of the day with information on the technology to be used during the July trip. I will post all of these later.

I can say the entire event was professionally organized and run, meetings on time and on subject, everyone was polite and well mannered.  In fact everyone was in good humor and enjoyed each others company.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »

Glad every think went smoothly and every one enjoyed there weekend  :)

as for reef surface in front ov Nessie, if the force of waves snapped landing gear, there may be other bit's of wreckage in that area!!!   

Member# 416

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »

Thanks for posting the pictures Irv

The Bevington feature is amazing. Is the Good Year lettering and logo thought to be the white blurry part around the tire?
3971R

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 08:04:39 PM »

Hi Gregory. Jeff photo interpretation suggests that the curved white part is either he mud flap (partially submerged) or the gear section (bull gear) used to crank the wheel up and down. There was no discussion on white lettering or logo because I believe that, while there is an imprinted name, it doesn't show as being in white in any other pictures.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »

if Earhart's Electra is on it's roof, maybe able to match up shadows  :)

TIGHAR knows that part of the reef well.

It has tidal studies that cover that area.

Under non-storm conditions (which is what the picture shows), there is not enough water to have the Electra under the object.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »

Thank's Marty

did Jeff have any better quality aerial photo's of the reef  ?

Member# 416

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org