Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282553 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #690 on: February 03, 2012, 04:24:46 PM »

remember the fact, it takes over 3 mins for the rover to get top to bottom ov video, an the rov is at same distance from reef bed, most of time, yet it takes rover at least 30 seconds from orignal postion to thump on to ground so gives u idea of scale only for cable straps i would still be thinking i was seeing rope, an thats even after at least 600 still pics an say 5 hours ov re runs of video

:)

Richie, I have done some preliminary work on your note but, I don't think We should be doing that in this forum. I have worked 2 trails re: the writer of the note so far but, you're gonna have to give me your e-mail ad' as this shouldn't be aired in the public domain. Is this case still within the USA jurisdtiction or, are we outside?
Jeff
This must be the place

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:37:30 PM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #691 on: February 03, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »

haha its richieconroy@hotmail.co.uk an if u av worked that note out will give u gold star  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »

it still on going an there is other notes 2 years av been studying these   :o

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »

here is the link if u wanna get involved  :) http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/march/cryptanalysis_032911

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #694 on: February 03, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »

i know most of what the notes say, but sum dont even make sense even to a scouse person who is used to chattin in code  ::)

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #695 on: February 03, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »

i know most of what the notes say, but sum dont even make sense even to a scouse person who is used to chattin in code  ::)
I can't understand Scouse, it wasn't one of the languages offered at school :)
My boy was up the 'pool a few weeks back visiting his girlfriend, she's at uni there he's at uni in chichester. She had to translate for him !
This must be the place

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:57:32 PM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #696 on: February 03, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »

thought u were american  ;), wat uni does ye daughter in law go ? we have got all the contracts for hope uni in childwall been there main contractors for 4 years  an ye am a scouser who works an pays taxes before u comment lol

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #697 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »

Back to the ROV footage. I can't get a handle on these cables!! There has to be more than 2 but for the life of me I can't work out which one goes where. As soon as they go out of shot I lose the thread. On the positive side the cable at the top looks the same as the cable at the bottom but, IMHO they are not one continuous length of cable. Why would they have fixtures on them that don't appear, at this stage anyway, do anything except guide them. I have checked out the fixtures, the cable runs through them and there is no sign of any stops on them, yet, but there's nothing on the fixture that suggests it has or had anything attached to it, strange.
I'll start at the bottom of the cable and work upwards. That doesn't look right either :-\
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #698 on: February 03, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »

thought u were american  ;), wat uni does ye daughter in law go ? we have got all the contracts for hope uni in childwall been there main contractors for 4 years  an ye am a scouser who works an pays taxes before u comment lol
She's at Liverpool John Moores university, music. Not American but, do lots of work for them, until April then feet up ;D
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #699 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

our main work is wen they on half term or summer break  :)

an study the wire rope carefully i h8 being the one to point out the obvious,

but there is loads of cable straps an untill today i hadnt, but have now noticed, were each cable branches off the main loom line u can see were it goes too even if its to infinity its plain to see  :-\

Member# 416

Gary LaPook

• T5
« Reply #700 on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »

Ok---for all of you 'fishing leader' guys-----how far from the village was the ROV when these were taken, AND 800 feet down? HUM--I'll bet 1/2 to 3/4 miles out then 800 down. Fishing leader? I dont think so, but you guys are smarter than me!
Tom

One word, boat. Native people fish from boats or outrigger canoes, you have seen pictures of outrigger canoes, haven't you? What do you think they used them for, only for joy riding the girlfriend on Saturday night? It was common to sail many miles offshore to fish from these canoes. (Outrigger canoes are still very popular. Just walk along the harbor in Papeete and you will find racks holding many many canoes. Go down to the harbor at lunch time and you will see ten's of them out racing each other. On more remote islands you find them being used every day.)

In the second part of your post you imply that fishing leader would not be found down a 800 meters. If the fishing line broke while fishing above the Marianas trench, then the Trieste would have found the leader at the bottom of the trench, 36,000 feet down (about 12,000 meters.) Fishing leader wire is made of metal, it has a specific gravity greater than seawater, it SINKS.

gl
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:35:46 PM by Gary LaPook »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #701 on: February 03, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »

Ok---for all of you 'fishing leader' guys-----how far from the village was the ROV when these were taken, AND 800 feet down? HUM--I'll bet 1/2 to 3/4 miles out then 800 down. Fishing leader? I dont think so, but you guys are smarter than me!
Tom

One word, boat. Native people fish from boats or outrigger canoes, you have seen pictures of outrigger canoes, haven't you? What do you think they used them for, only for joy riding the girlfriend on Saturday night? It was common to sail many mile offshore to fish from these canoes.

In the second part of your post you imply that fishing leader would not be found down a 800 meters. If the fishing line broke while fishing above the Marianas trench, then the Trieste would have found the leader at the bottom of the trench, 36,000 feet down (about 12,000 meters.) Fishing leader wire is made of metal, it has a specific gravity greater than seawater, it SINKS.

gl
sorry but fishing line wouldnt even show up in rov vid spec, specially the one u suggest that is see thru

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #702 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:43 PM »

here is the link if u wanna get involved  :) http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/march/cryptanalysis_032911
Sent it off to Quantico, see what comes back
This must be the place

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #703 on: February 03, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »

Tom

One word, boat. Native people fish from boats or outrigger canoes, you have seen pictures of outrigger canoes, haven't you? What do you think they used them for, only for joy riding the girlfriend on Saturday night? It was common to sail many mile offshore to fish from these canoes.

gl
sorry but fishing line wouldnt even show up in rov vid spec, specially the one u suggest that is see thJFK

Richie, a fishing leader is a metal wire section that fastens to nylon fishing line that "may" be the see through variety. The leader is designed with swivels at both ends so a lure or baited Hook doesn't just twist round and round. The wire section varies from inches to feet in length. Fishing for larger fish such as sailfish is done with all metal (wire) line. Commercial fishermen like the tuna boat that loaned TIGHAR it's helicopter use heavy wire lines with thinner wires attached with hooks. These are the "long lines" that are referred to in this thread.   The see thru nylon stuff is for relatively light sport fishing.   Gary is referring to real wire fishing line.
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
« Reply #704 on: February 03, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

Richie
The Electra had a "VEE" radio antenna that had two wires that stretched from a Vee  shaped fixture above the cockpit one each to each of the two vertical tail structures.  Looks to me that the cable1.jpg pic in your post 747 on page 50 is one of those wires attached to a vertical tail structure.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org