Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1307077 times)

LWhite

Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1035 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »

Richie,
Just one 2-shot  set of early location with labels.  there are more knobs and switches in pic if I'm correct, but too many labels already.  My drawing isn't too hot either...

If I may be right then we've got some clues to the scale of things in this area.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:38:02 AM by Leon White »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1036 on: April 04, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »

Richie,
Attached are some photo's you've seen I'm sure, with features highlighted.  The video sees this stuff, up close in many cases, but still outlines it.  The guages and the '30's style knob' are VERY close up early on.  After looking at these stills a bit, returning to the video you'll see what I imagine I'm seeing - these things highlighting parts of the cockpit.  Some may be upside down or not, in some cases, I can't tell.   

There are labels and/or lines on the pics to highlight objects.

Sorry if I'm going over old ground. I'm Still working on the panoramas - very hard!

L

the wheel in the 3rd pic, could well be what the arrow pointing to right in my attachment..

notice the knob to the left, just behind whatever it is sticking up were arrow is pointing

good work Leon any help is much appreciated

:) 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:33:50 AM by richie conroy »

LWhite

« Reply #1037 on: April 04, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »

I think you're right, but the 'steering wheel'  will be much bigger.  You already found one of them, clearly, in another photo and an earlier post.  It was upside down compared to the press photos.
  I'm trying to get better images of the upper right, but I think the camera only wobbled up there once or twice. 

We'll see.

L

LWhite

« Reply #1038 on: April 12, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »

There clearly visible on the left. They're covered by 15 ft of silt, the bow of the Norwich, part of the Thresher, and of course all the right angled carefully machined coral.  :)

-Leon

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1039 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »

Hadn't noticed it before but going back to the door shaped coral and the thin metal looking edges around it gave me an idea. Here's the back end of the detached 'cockpit' which also has thin metal looking edges...
Words used to describe objects are for reference, it does not imply that it's gospel truth that they are positively identified as such,YET, all are IMHO. That said, have a gander...

This must be the place

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:23:10 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1040 on: April 13, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »

look at top left of picture at reef wall

strange patterns

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1041 on: April 13, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »

these look more like sunglasses, rectangle box an the object in circle looks like the bracket outside door for air tester bar ?

Member# 416

LWhite

« Reply #1042 on: April 13, 2012, 12:03:02 PM »

Richie,
The reef+wall picture above  seems to have alot of detail in it.  I've got to spend some time on it!  Upper left I see an engine-propeller type thing, but it is way too small compared to other things in the photo.  Bottom right seems to have some very unusual coral shapes . . . I'll have to try to lighten that or something.
thnks so much.
Leon

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1043 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

Jeff H

this is ur wheel strut pic from ur first post i would say u can see alot of fastners ?

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1044 on: April 13, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »

i have put arrows to point out the brackets

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1045 on: April 15, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »

Jeff H

when u look at this image, if what people were saying about scale

is it poss this could be a engine ?

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1046 on: April 15, 2012, 05:06:55 PM »

Scale will always be an issue down there and, on the reef. There isn't anything to compare possible objects with Richie. Until a yard rule goes down there with the ROV's it is difficult to tell. However, having said that there are certain possible objects that look 'suspiciously like' certain parts used in aircraft manufacture. So, unless there was a radio control model aeroplane flying club on Gardner Island I would say there's a good chance...
I have circled what I previously posted as being the remains of a radial engine, cowling/nacelle.  The radial engine is in poor condition and, has begun to fall apart so, what you have circled could certainly be part of it.
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1047 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »

i still think the object in attachment is apart of fuselage or its a wing with radial

look at the bottom the square could be a flap of sum sort

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1048 on: April 16, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »

look at the shape of the dark shadows top left above were we think an engine is ?

Member# 416

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #1049 on: April 16, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »

look at the shape of the dark shadows top left above were we think an engine is ?

Could you be more specific - all I am seeing is lumps of coral.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org