Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1283863 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1020 on: March 26, 2012, 10:49:45 AM »

Here's another handy bit of engineering at the point where the door shaped coral meets the fuselage floor shaped coral. It appears to be a square hole/fitting and, a nicely bent piece of metal, all enclosed in torn silver alloy coloured metalwork?
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1021 on: March 26, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »

Could possibly be the remains of prop and hub, one blade (bent), it's to the front of what we suspect is a radial engines remains IMHO

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1022 on: March 27, 2012, 05:17:32 AM »

Here's a couple of Images from The Waitt Institutes Catalyst 2 expedition in 2009. There were 5 targets detected but, only 2 were airplane possibles IMHO.
Target 2 possible but, warbird
Target 1 more interesting so here are the images
Only problem is it's 18,000 ft down on the bottom of the Pacific just off Howland Island, DOH!
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1023 on: March 31, 2012, 04:31:30 AM »

More 'coral'

This must be the place

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #1024 on: March 31, 2012, 04:50:04 AM »

Maybe not coral (as in the living kind) but Coral Talus that has been broken up by sea and surf and then deposited down the reef slope?

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1025 on: April 01, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »

look at the object in middle of white circle

the black thing

seems to be suspended in mid air

surely to keep a shape like that it has to be attached to something ?

any idea's

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1026 on: April 02, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »

An update on a previous posting in this thread. Now that we are all agreed that the landing gear is of the earlier type, Picture 1 (I have been under the impression it was the later type, DOH!) Looking at wrong pictures in this link...
http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Research/Bulletins/58_NessieHypothesis/58_NessieHypothesis.htm

In the following sequence of stills there could possibly be the remains of the semi circular part of the worm mechanism that was once attached to the strut. In the previous posting the red box indicated the possible remains of the top of the gear assembly with top of oleo strut protruding. So it would be nice to find something in close proximity that could possibly match the semi circular part of the worm mechanism. Again, yes it's a matter of scale, no, it's not definite, yes, you can agree to differ, all this has been posted numerous  times and, I am very much aware that this is, at this stage anyway, speculation. That said, have a look, it's either a big coincidence or, see previous sentence.

This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1027 on: April 02, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »

any ideas on what were seeing in this attachment ?

Member# 416

LWhite

« Reply #1028 on: April 02, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »

Hello, I'm a newbie and will be playing catch-up, I  suppose, until 2020, so I apologize if you've all gotten past my question. (I did go through all 74 pages of this thread, but whew!)

I've been looking at the video as everyone does, but frame by frame by frame rather slowly.  I've also done my fair share of outlining ("That cloud looks like a horse!!"), and I'm currently trying to build some panoramic views.  As I work, it appears to me that perhaps the plane was not beat into bits on the reef.  this section looks like the control panel and related interior cabin components.  Has anyone started looking at pieces as if they were more probably part of one area of the plane rather then a broad collection?

thanks - you guys are great.
-Leon

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1029 on: April 02, 2012, 05:23:52 PM »

hi Leon

an welcome to the forums

not sure what parts go were yet, if thats what were seeing but we should know in july  :) ;D

Member# 416

LWhite

« Reply #1030 on: April 02, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »

It's going slower then I imagined, but I will post some shots.  Doing some inventory, however, of the work to date i think you've found:
the contol panels (smaller hanging one and main panel with attachments)
the yoke and wheel (upside down)
one front window
one side window
maybe second yoke assembly
floor control valves and piping

and perhaps, one engine with prop mounted, face up, and with decals on prop. (there's always an exception  :)

Ok I know I'm crazy, but I'll get some posted.  Until then, maybe you more experienced folks can take a look from the perspective that big chunks came down together, sort of, maybe....

-Leon

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1031 on: April 02, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »

i suppose having knowledge of aircraft parts would be a big help

thats why i let others say what they see  :)

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1032 on: April 02, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

what do u guys see in the circle  :o

i know what i see  ;)

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1033 on: April 03, 2012, 05:41:57 AM »

A square shaped hole and twisted/torn 'metal'?
This must be the place

LWhite

« Reply #1034 on: April 04, 2012, 10:13:41 AM »

Richie,
Attached are some photo's you've seen I'm sure, with features highlighted.  The video sees this stuff, up close in many cases, but still outlines it.  The guages and the '30's style knob' are VERY close up early on.  After looking at these stills a bit, returning to the video you'll see what I imagine I'm seeing - these things highlighting parts of the cockpit.  Some may be upside down or not, in some cases, I can't tell.   

There are labels and/or lines on the pics to highlight objects.

Sorry if I'm going over old ground. I'm Still working on the panoramas - very hard!

L
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:36:32 AM by Leon White »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org