Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Hail Mary Analysis  (Read 180413 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Hail Mary Analysis
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 01:22:54 PM »

Is it possible that items were discarded/accidentally dropped over the side of Nai'a while it as stationed over the anomaly during Niku VIII?

In theory, yes, but we're pretty careful about stuff like that.  None of this stuff looks familiar and there were no small drink cans aboard as far as I know.

Margaret Sanders

• T1
  • Just a regular girl here!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 01:39:21 PM »

I'm not a football follower but I have always thought a Hail Mary sounded like the best part of a game. Well, I'm sure on the edge of my seat!
I'm no expert; just happy to be here.👀
#4777A

Kevin A. Roll

• T1
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 02:57:10 PM »

"Can 2" reminds me of an ammunition cartridge. What is the distance between the red laser dots again?

On another note, I am aware of some investigations into anomalies on the Martian surface that used fractal analysis to identify unusual, potentially non-natural objects. Any chance that such an approach could be applied here?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 03:02:26 PM »

"Can 2" reminds me of an ammunition cartridge. What is the distance between the red laser dots again?

2.5 inches.  Pretty big ammunition cartridge.

On another note, I am aware of some investigations into anomalies on the Martian surface that used fractal analysis to identify unusual, potentially non-natural objects. Any chance that such an approach could be applied here?

Who is looking for non-natural objects on Mars?  Sounds a bit "out there."  Do you have a link to a reputable source?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 04:41:50 PM »

This is the Hail Mary device.  Elegant no?
Just a camera encased in a split piece of rubber housing to protect it. The duct-tape holds the GoPro that flooded.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:46:36 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Noel Brettoner

• T1
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 05:22:41 PM »

This round shape seems to be embedded in coral.  It appears in several images. It's quite close - within a few feet - of "Can 2."
It could be a rusted man-made object or it could be a natural feature but I can't find anything similar in any of the other images.

Hi Rick & team,
Photo 565 shows two anomalies you may already be scrutinizing; which I have 'boxed'.
The first one is a light-coloured right-angle flat piece adjacent to the round anomaly.
The second a smaller round anomaly at about "4:30" "clock-face" direction.
Any thoughts?.
Contact email on pic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:26:10 PM by Noel Brettoner »

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »

Probably should get the Kiribati Parks Dept. to put up some "No Littering" signs before the next wave of cruise ship explorers come ashore!!
Bob S.

Kevin A. Roll

• T1
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »

Who is looking for non-natural objects on Mars?  Sounds a bit "out there."  Do you have a link to a reputable source?

I'll leave any judgements on the Mars work aside as they would be off-topic for this forum.  ;) Here is a link to a brief paper describing the technique:

http://carlotto.us/martianenigmas/Papers/JBIS1990.pdf

The idea is that the expected roughness of the planet surface (or in this case the ocean floor) can be estimated, and objects that do not fit can then be automatically identified. The computer could zip through hundreds of images and identify interesting candidates. I'm wondering if any of these algorithms are available somewhere...

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 06:49:17 AM »

I've looked at several of these photos and here is what I think these are?

346....Machete
350....Underwater video/lighting power adapter for ROV/AOV
355....A Smoking Gun...Possibly the Ring that sat on top of the Electra

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 06:56:22 AM »

Photo 565 shows two anomalies you may already be scrutinizing; which I have 'boxed'.
The first one is a light-coloured right-angle flat piece adjacent to the round anomaly.

Seemingly straight edges and right angles are surprisingly common in coral formations.  It is of course possible that there are pieces of airplane debris whose shape has been partly disguised by accumulated sand or coral growth but the only way to check them out is by physical examination or with a metal detector.

The second a smaller round anomaly at about "4:30" "clock-face" direction.
Any thoughts?.

Those little round features are not uncommon.  I don't know what they are (possibly former sea urchins?) but they're not man-made objects

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »

I've looked at several of these photos and here is what I think these are?

346....Machete

The object is way too small to be a machete

350....Underwater video/lighting power adapter for ROV/AOV

That's the dive weight on a rope below the camera.

355....A Smoking Gun...Possibly the Ring that sat on top of the Electra

There is nothing in 355 except the rope and dive weight.
[/quote]

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 10:29:15 AM »

Ric

Picture 91 bottom right corner follow the black wire to poss aluminium object it is round in appearance has two clean cut holes in it and u can just make out were cable or pipe connects
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »

Ric

Picture 91 bottom right corner follow the black wire to poss aluminium object it is round in appearance has two clean cut holes in it and u can just make out were cable or pipe connects

There is no Picture 91.  The numbers go from 331 to 646.

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:10 AM »

Attached to cylindrical object????? If so, a wire spool,??, void of wire???, color appears to change from blue to silver near the end , as if the object was rotating inside a sleave or collar of some sort. Circled object resembles the end of an electrical cord, to me , but don't see any wire coming from it, so it would have to be nipped off, to be that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:56:17 AM by Jerry Germann »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »

Attached to cylindrical object?????

We are NOT going to start speculating about vague shapes in the coral. That way lies madness.  First thing you know somebody will see a banjo.   The first thing we need to determine about this object is whether it is consistent with some kind of natural marine flora or fauna.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org