Kingsley Rupert Steenson, MD
- Senior Medical Officer, Gilbert & Ellice Islands Colony, July 1941.
- Born 1895.
- Graduated from New Zealand University in 1924
- Examined the shoe parts and corks on brass chains in Suva on July 1, 1941: "Apart from stating that they appear to be parts of shoes worn by a male person and a female person, I have nothing further to say" (Bones file).
- Escaped from Tarawa with Isaac/Verrier in 1942.
- Known as "Dr. Sin-sin," which means something like "Dr. Fish-cooker." He was always fiddling with boats and going fishing. (Tofiga)
- 27 Oct 1942: Isaac/Verrier objects to Dr. Steenson being ousted from the lab by the appointment of Barnes. But Verrier and Steenson are both "temporary only."