Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1274830 times)

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2012, 03:14:04 PM »

yep its going to be a challenge, but thats why we're here
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2012, 05:48:41 PM »

Here you go Ritchie
She found this to start with which I missed. She didn't put any pointers as to what we are looking at so I've added them.
Red: the thickness of the material
Yellow: the remainig straight edges
Blue: the square holes

Now, I have re-run the video from before and after the time displayed in the picture and, the ROV appears to parked on the reef for quite a while so, no camera blur or distortion.
I am pretty open to ideas on this but, coral creating SQUARE holes mmmm and, why is it so thin with shiny edges in the ROV lights.
All I am saying is, this is the one of the better examples of thin metal sheeting scattered about here.
I didn't give her any clue as to what we were hoping to find here buy, that's the first thing she found. it will be a week or two before I get anything more some magazine assignment or something.
This must be the place

Shaw Durman

• T1
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #243 on: January 17, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »

i think its a anchor from a smaller boat BUT

look at these images i attached wen u reverse the colour on the rope, which i now think is metal

its got the same noise sample

also look at the end of the object in question the anchor

look just left off the shell in image on right hand side, an notice its like a claw holding somethink

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »

in the picture i have added look were the arrow is pointed could this be nessie

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #245 on: January 17, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »

if u look at this inverted image wat ever it is, there seems to be a dark outline behind it

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #246 on: January 17, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »

Richie----i must admit that if you invert the pic, it appears that there is something on the reef. In my wildest imagination, I see a tail/rudder assembly, and blown up, looks like part of the rear fuselege. I dont think that will stand up to this forum, but what the heck!
My question might be, that is the Electra 'was' on the reef ledge, and the plane overflew it, why wasnt it seen? Parts should have been visible from the air.
Great work , by the way---again
Tom

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #247 on: January 17, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »

tryed highlighting the out line to see if cud get better image

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #248 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:38 PM »

i agree its probably nothink, but its worth checkin with Admin to make sure  :)

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #249 on: January 17, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

yeah---see my poor eyes have a hard time making out anything in those pics. Being cautiously opptomistic, (yep I said it!), I still would wonder why it wasn't spotted. If the water was shallow enough for a tail/rudder assy to stick out of the water, and that was still attached to part of the fuselege, then that should have been visible from the air. Granted, you would have to be low and slow, which they obviously werent. So---I'm kinda guarded with this one.

But---the location appears to coincide with the reef runway area, and far enought away from the shipwreck to possibly eliminate parts of that. I wonder if Jeff Glickman was able to clean up the picture enough to make out anything? Does anyone know? And------I would hope that the ROV was in this general area when the video was taken.

BTW---I've gotten through 53 pages of Finding Amelia---excellent work Ric. If I good get the DVD to work---
Tom

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #250 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »

You guys are looking at a white cap on a wave.  It's nowhere near Nessie.  The water in that location is several hundred meters deep.
My advice is to leave the forensic imaging to the pros.

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #251 on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »

probably good advise for me.
Tom

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:57 AM »

Richie,  you can see where the reef ends in the picture.  The Norwich City is sitting on the edge of the reef.  All of the water beyond the reef is very deep, making it impossible for Nessie to be there.  The location doesn't coincide with the proposed landing location - that's a couple hundred yards away - on the reef, not in deep water.
Cheers,
JohnO

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #253 on: January 18, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »

Would ditching into the sea mean the wheels would be in the retracted position, hence nestled nicely into their cubby hole under the wing, engine nacelle?. And still be in their cubby hole now?
Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #254 on: January 18, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »

yep---ditching with the gear down would allow the gear to drag first, and pitch the nose down, adnd I would think, quickley submerging the plane. In this case, IF thery were to that ditched, they could NOT have run the engine for radio use and battery recharging for 3 days. I think the Electra would have sank pretty quick.
 My opinion-- some of you aeronautical engineers can set me straight.
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org