Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1283727 times)

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »

Re: Wheels?
Would depend on where you were ditching.
If in open water, then wheels UP. low and slow, engines off, tail down, nose up.

If near land/ reef, then same as above, then put the wheels DOWN while in the water moving to the land and sliding up onto the reef so you could run the starboard engine.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

there is alot ov deep crevices round the reef as u can see in this image so maybe nessie was caught in a shallower bit

was worth checking out  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »

Richie
On a previous post with an image you asked a question about a skull.  Can you highlight the "skull" and repost that image?  Thanks
No Worries Mates

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #258 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:21 PM »

werent me that asked, but i think its 3 pages back on this topic

Member# 416

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #259 on: January 18, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »

Richie
On a previous post with an image you asked a question about a skull.  Can you highlight the "skull" and repost that image?  Thanks

Reply 258, page before this.

Shaw Durman

• T1
« Reply #260 on: January 18, 2012, 05:02:28 PM »

Richie

Look in post 221 - 223 that Jeff posted Harry. He put a square around an object in 221 that looks like a skull.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #261 on: January 18, 2012, 06:43:39 PM »

Re: Wheels?
Would depend on where you were ditching.
If in open water, then wheels UP. low and slow, engines off, tail down, nose up.

If near land/ reef, then same as above, then put the wheels DOWN while in the water moving to the land and sliding up onto the reef so you could run the starboard engine.

So a plane with it's undercarriage down on the reef would have a greater chance of having the undercarriage torn off than a plane that ditched into the sea with it's gear up? is that a fair statement?
Jeff
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #262 on: January 18, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »

there is alot ov deep crevices round the reef as u can see in this image so maybe nessie was caught in a shallower bit

was worth checking out  :)

For sure she started in the shallows Richie but, soon migrated into deeper water in ever diminishing sized bits.
Jeff
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »

yep looks to circle like to be not man made  :)

Richie, just had phone call from my sister at 2 in the morning! The object you thought was man made, I dismissed as being too obvious. My sister said it's ++++ and to look AROUND the object as well. She wants me to send more stills at different time frames. I've had a quick look at what she's talking about OMG!. Will send me the Image bacK 2moro.
Good work Richie! Just goes to show it's not wise to dismiss ideas, should have had more faith in you.
If that's coral then it's been to engineering school and got its PHd
Jeff
This must be the place

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2012, 09:23:14 PM »

Jeff
Yes, and if the undercarriage had got stuck in a hole or grove and the rest of the plane was being moved around by the surf, waves and wind then all the forces would be concentrated on that undercarriace, twisting it, turning it and shearing it.  Until...
No Worries Mates

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »

Jeff Hayden
Can you give us a post number for the image you are talking about?  Thanks
No Worries Mates

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2012, 07:52:38 AM »

Jeff Hayden
Can you give us a post number for the image you are talking about?  Thanks
Harry it was an image Richie posted and I circled the object to see if it was the object he was interested in #77. I originally thought it was too obvious to be a wheel so dismissed it as a coral outcrop. Reply from sister saying have a look at the area around the object. Done that and, it's a wheel alright with accompanying junk. I'll post a few stills later.
Too obvious? That's why it was nearly missed, again.
Jeff
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »

Jeff
Yes, and if the undercarriage had got stuck in a hole or grove and the rest of the plane was being moved around by the surf, waves and wind then all the forces would be concentrated on that undercarriace, twisting it, turning it and shearing it.  Until...
Most of the 'anomalies' seem to be undercarriage related, pointing to a gear down landing by whatever these anomalies are from? Does that sound plausible? If it was a gear up ditching wouldn't the gear still be in the retracted cubby hole position, away from too much harm?
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2012, 08:11:31 AM »

Jeff
The scenario I'm trying to get my head around is that whatever this stuff is from had it's wheels down when it arrived at Niku. Now I know there were various other planes crashed and ditched on or near nearby islands, could they have drifted as far as Niku? Did another plane crash or ditch on Niku?
There isn't a landing strip on Niku so, why would undercarriage be in the lowered position?
Just a thought.
Jeff
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »

jeff as far fetched what am about to say is. do u think its possible

do u think that it could be the plane upside down an that rope is running over the belly ov the plane

because there is to many strange shapes along camera path to be natural in my opinion  :)

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org