Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1303688 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #975 on: March 04, 2012, 05:35:12 AM »

does anyone know, if an what instrument wud take an electrical connector similar to one i have highlighted in attachment ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #976 on: March 08, 2012, 09:39:46 AM »

Why dont we call James Cameron? After he's done going to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, maybe he could stop by Niku--along with Nat Geo, and have a look around the reef?

Ok---maybe not
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #977 on: March 08, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »

Tom is that a trick question ?  :o

i would rather Tighar wait till enough funds were raised by Tighar means

than someone like James Cameron come in an get all the glory

Bottom Line, it might prove the Tighar Hyposis right, but why SHUD anyone else other than Tighar get the glory  :)

As thats the only way Cameron would do it  ???

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #978 on: March 09, 2012, 07:02:58 AM »

Actually Richie--is was NOT a trick question. Nat Geo has the means, the equipment, and the marketing ability. Cameron is a world renowned film maker. Yes, personalites will certainly get in the way. but---the reality is this----is there ever going to be enough money to see this mystery to a conclusion? For you Richie, to see first hand, some of the things on the reef that you have pointed out in the stills?
With costs going up, the reality of getting somewhere around $5 million US, anytime soon to fund the kind of expeditioon to Niku that we all would like to see, probably isnt going to happen. I suspect that Ric will let us in on that in DC.
The other part of this is----each day that goes by, the debris has the potential to move somwhere else. Earthquakes make things move, ocean currents do as well. We've seen that with the debris from the Norwich City. There is the real possibility the there could be an event that take the debris we are looking for, and moves it to really deep water. That make it an even smaller needle in a very large haystack.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #979 on: March 09, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »

I suspect that Ric will let us in on that in DC.

Sooner than that.  I'll have some news to announce next week.

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #980 on: March 09, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »

awesome news Ric-

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #981 on: March 09, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »

Yes---alot has happened with technology since 1985. I may have sounded too stern about getting things done NOW. I appologise. I fear that TIGHAR wount be able to wait 27 years to find out whats on the reef at Niku.

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
« Reply #982 on: March 09, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »

President Reagan had a saying; (paraphrasing it)  It is amazing what can be accomplished when we don't care who gets the credit.

The objective is to find and raise the Electra and its contents as carefully and safely as possible.  Who cares who gets the credit.
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #983 on: March 09, 2012, 12:53:06 PM »

Yes---alot has happened with technology since 1985. I may have sounded too stern about getting things done NOW. I appologise. I fear that TIGHAR wount be able to wait 27 years to find out whats on the reef at Niku.

some of the things i have found recently in still's, i think it's safe to say if the objects aint plane or ship part's i will commit my self to a mental home

i am 100% it aint just coral  :)

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #984 on: March 09, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

And I think we ALL want to see IF those objects in Richies still are Electra parts. Actually, I was amazed that it has taken 27 years from the time Ballard found the Titanic, until a good mapping of the debris field is done. I did notice that the Waitt Institute was involved in that.
Personally-----I think Ric and TIGHAR should get the credit for whatever is found. But, there again, this project might be better served to have a partnership with some available commercial assets. Everyone could share some portion of the credit. Obviously, most of that credit to TIGHAR, but many others have made contributions under the TIGHAR banner. Teamwork will get the job done.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #985 on: March 09, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »

President Reagan had a saying; (paraphrasing it)  It is amazing what can be accomplished when we don't care who gets the credit.

The objective is to find and raise the Electra and its contents as carefully and safely as possible.  Who cares who gets the credit.

we may raise objects but we wont raise the Electra in 1 piece

an i do care who get's the credit, Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon, but do all the people of the world know the names of the people who made it possible ? i don't 

my point is i would rather Tighar get the credit they deserve than some one else  :)

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #986 on: March 09, 2012, 01:37:23 PM »

that is a valid point. BUT---with out the sipport of the thousands that worked on the moon project, armstrong would be just another tet pilot.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #987 on: March 09, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »

exactly Neil Armstrong got most of the attention, because he was the one who stepped on the moon

just like Cameron would if he raised the smokeing gun object of the Electra, if thru the work of Tighar

i think Tighar were actually approached by some one some time with mega bucks to spare, but it was on the condition they got the recognition for it..

dont take my word for it like, as i might of dreamed it  :) but am sure it was along them lines  :)

Member# 416

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #988 on: March 09, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »

i think Tighar were actually approached by some one some time with mega bucks to spare, but it waot the recognition for it..

dont take my word for it like, as i might of dreamed it  :)

You dreamed it.  We're happy to give recognition for sponsorship but we won't mis-attribute research.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #989 on: March 09, 2012, 06:48:35 PM »

Thx Ric

i prob did dream it,  :)

no thank's to Amelia  :D

same thought's every nite goin asleep!!!! wat would u do as a castaway on gardner  :)

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org