Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282812 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #960 on: February 20, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »

Jeff, I agree 100%. Too many things there for all of them to be "natural". Just my opinion and you know how those are, but I think this site is part of the cockpit area "an aircraft".  I have trouble not saying "the Electra". Too many coincidences.
That's exactly what we thought it was as well Woody. You can see the the strips of metal which once held the windows in place. Also it could be part of an instrument panel inside it (reverse side). Richie posted a pic of this earlier in the thread in which he outlined where the windows went, eerie. Yes it's difficult not to say Electra, how about DC3?
This must be the place

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #961 on: February 20, 2012, 05:40:45 PM »

I'd rather say "Electra" but I guess we don't have that indisputable evidence yet. Just an adundance of circumstantial stuff.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #962 on: February 20, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »

jeff any chance u can get zoomed in shot inside highlighted box at bottom of pic

have tried my self but image goes too distorted  :(

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #963 on: February 22, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »

So if the object in the white circle is the remains of a radial engine and the red semi-circles are the cowling/nacelle remains then I would hope to see a bit of the wing very close by, yellow lines leading edge and rib, red lines point to rib. POSSIBLY IMHO
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #964 on: February 22, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »

I'll try to sqeeze as much out of the 3 minute ROV footage as I can. Reason? It might, repeat, might just be enough to persuade someone to part with enough cash to get Ric and the team back to Niku for a better look/grab.
Probably not going to get a lot more images without using effects now but, I have a few more areas of interest that could be useful without too much in the way of Hollywood effects.
There's a possibility of the remains of a hinge? on top of the cockpit remains, anyone have any ideas or info regarding that possibility?
Also the hinge assemblies for the nosecone?
Am having trouble locating the main spar, shouldn't be 'cos it's a fair lump of metal. I have a mental image of the layout of the wreckage but sometimes it doesn't fit together as you would expect i.e. it didn't sink and settle in one gentle act of surrender, it put up a good fight from daylight to the depths.
I'll try to get the wreckage layout down on paper first, it might help in locating other bits :-\
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #965 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »

On closer inspection of picture 2 in previous post the wire/rope/cable in the foreground seems to resting on something interesting.
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #966 on: February 24, 2012, 12:30:02 PM »

anyone any ideas what the object is that arrow 1 is pointed too

i thought it was tree's but there is something there that is out of place  ???

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #968 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:14 AM »

does anyone know if a steel cable like the one in attachment was used on planes

its only a diagram i have done but thats the shape of it ?

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #969 on: February 25, 2012, 11:45:24 AM »

Member# 416

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #970 on: February 25, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

Richie, there are two cases where there are attachments like that on the Electra. 1st where the  ventral (belly) radio antenna attached to the fore and aft antenna masts. 2nd where the dorsal (upper) radio antenna attached to the forward antenna mast and each of the vertical stabilizers. Notice that the upper antenna seems to be a bare wire while the lower one seems to have some type of coating or cover on it.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:16:19 PM by Clarence W. Herndon »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #971 on: February 25, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »

just thought would post this  :)

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #972 on: February 25, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »

Richie, there are two cases where there are attachments like that on the Electra. 1st where the  ventral (belly) radio antenna attached to the fore and aft antenna masts. 2nd where the dorsal (upper) radio antenna attached to the forward antenna mast and each of the vertical stabilizers. Notice that the upper antenna seems to be a bare wire while the lower one seems to have some type of coating or cover on it.

thx Clarence will check it out  :)

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #973 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »

is it me or is the object arrows pointed too has to many straight lines to me natural coral

Member# 416

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #974 on: February 27, 2012, 06:40:15 AM »

Hey Richie,  that chain-like object certainly does look like the end of one of the antenna cables. It sure would be nice to have some kind of scale to compare it to.  Keep looking.  LTM-John
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org