Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282549 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #600 on: February 01, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »

jeff i know what you mean, an i have a close up of a still that shows a rivet still in place an rivert holes in running in a line on the angle u would expect  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #601 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »

Here's what we are looking at IMHO, the BIG object under the RDF 'coral outcrop' where else would it be, the cockpit. You are looking at its roof  and where the plexiglass used to be and, inside a seat.
Red; The roof, trust me its curved that's why I drew the lines curved shape.
Blue; The outline of the window where the plexiglass lived. The edges are man made and metallic.
Yellow; A seat inside
Black; The RDF 'coral outcrop'
Richie can you help and get loads of images of this area? This looks significant

This must be the place

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:04:22 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #602 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:10 AM »

right this still is of area above left of were u think antenna is

notice how its curled either side to go round say an engine ?

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

right this still is of area above left of were u think antenna is

notice how its curled either side to go round say an engine ?
I think that was the possible nosecone 'coral outcrop' and, bearing in mind what we have found in the last day or two it's in the right area to be just that
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »

There's a lot of junk on top of the cockpit 'coral outcrop' and some of that looks suspicious as well. I will see if I can get a better handle on whatever that is. No wonder the RDF antenna 'coral outcrop' was torn off.
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #605 on: February 01, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »

this "still" is of under were the antenna is its a bit too well shaped dont ye think  :)

Member# 416

John Joseph Barrett

• T3
« Reply #606 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »

Jeff/Richie,  FINALLY. I have finally been able to "see" something before either of you had to point it out to me. Maybe I am developing an eye for this. Either that or my wishful thinking is in overdrive. I hadn't noticed the "window opening" in response to Jeff's query, but I did notice the panel which I believe is the roof. My question to you both is, in the absense of a reliable scale to determine size/distance, couldn't you do a comparison between distances you see in the still ("window opening", "RDF" size and "mount" location) to what we know from the electra. Nothing to prove scientifically, but I think there is enough to say "hey, this is right" "this is right where it should be if..."  I think this may be the prize. Keep up the good work.  LTM -John

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #607 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »

this "still" is of under were the antenna is its a bit too well shaped dont ye think  :)
Yes that's the same bit I posted but a few seconds later in the video, very interesting, the other side of the cockpit for sure. The window is just that Richie, well spotted. That gloopy white object, remains of plexiglass? It appears to be stuck on something circular inside the cockpit 'coral outcrop'.
This must be the place

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:55:24 AM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #608 on: February 01, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »

Jeff/Richie,  FINALLY. I have finally been able to "see" something before either of you had to point it out to me. Maybe I am developing an eye for this. Either that or my wishful thinking is in overdrive. I hadn't noticed the "window opening" in response to Jeff's query, but I did notice the panel which I believe is the roof. My question to you both is, in the absense of a reliable scale to determine size/distance, couldn't you do a comparison between distances you see in the still ("window opening", "RDF" size and "mount" location) to what we know from the electra. Nothing to prove scientifically, but I think there is enough to say "hey, this is right" "this is right where it should be if..."  I think this may be the prize. Keep up the good work.  LTM -John
Scale is a huge problem down there. We don't know is the only answer I can give you, at the moment. All we can do id identfy POSSIBLE bits of aircraft wreckage and, like jigsaw, put them together in a 'logical' sequence of events (another term for guesswork). All I know is it's aircraft wreckage, now, what aircraft and whose was it?
Jeff
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #609 on: February 01, 2012, 12:17:27 PM »

i do actually know a way we could match scale u will av to give me a day or 2 to do it

as i will have to find a picture of the electra, at same camera distance an, in photoshop it has a transparency tool so i could use it to layer it on too electra window an see if can match it up 

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #610 on: February 01, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »

an no jeff, as the camera drops from ur pic it shows the depth in my pic, also the camera moves left an back so u see it better

am trying to stitch the pic's together now useing photomerge wat gives it a panoramic view

bare with me  :-\

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #611 on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »

does anyone know what membership level, i would av to get to be able to get rest of rov video, as it dont say in membership part  :(

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #612 on: February 01, 2012, 12:40:54 PM »

i do actually know a way we could match scale u will av to give me a day or 2 to do it

as i will have to find a picture of the electra, at same camera distance an, in photoshop it has a transparency tool so i could use it to layer it on too electra window an see if can match it up

At this stage Richie it's still an aeroplane. We have to determine what type first so, if you can match parts for sure to an Electra then, perhaps another thread in the Forum is needed. Brilliant work so far Richie.
Jeff
This must be the place

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #613 on: February 01, 2012, 12:41:20 PM »

I bet Ric and pat do---
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #614 on: February 01, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »

jeff last week i was thinking about best an quickest way to identify if it was electra or not so have been doing some work

which took me too studying the nessie photo

but due to pictue quality its hard to do,

but by useing a sharping tool its starting to come together an looks more like that thing that was on top ov electra behind the hatch what was in a v shape an had 2 wires comeing off it,

in the nessie photo wen image is best focused an shadows enhanced there appears to be a dark line from right hand side ov nessie object going down into water

may not be anythink but will post a pic soon  :) 

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org