Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1302425 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1215 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:16 PM »

Richard

am swayed more to that object being the tail wheel, however in the pictures attached the object in the yellow square is possibly a shock absorb er, of some kind notice the end bit is shaped like it clamps to a tube ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1216 on: June 15, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »

Leon, Give us a hint.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:49:01 PM by C.W. Herndon »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1217 on: June 15, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »

u on about the bleach stain in pants or the high hair line ?

Member# 416

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1218 on: June 15, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »

Is that better Richie?
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1219 on: June 15, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »

Something not right in the areas outlined in black. Looks super-imposed to me, no background detail at all. Look at the lighter outlines around the right arm and hair etc...
must stop ending my sentences with etc...
etc...

This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1220 on: June 15, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »

i was more concerned with the left, man like hand  :)

Member# 416

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1221 on: June 15, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »

i was more concerned with the left, man like hand  :)

Richie, I disagree that the left hand is man like.

Here is a picture of AE's hands and they are very much not man like.

http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/u?/earhart,3622
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1222 on: June 15, 2012, 08:34:18 PM »

Something not right in the areas outlined in black. Looks super-imposed to me, no background detail at all. Look at the lighter outlines around the right arm and hair etc...
must stop ending my sentences with etc...
etc...

Very observant Jeff. Even the original on the Purdure Web site is blacked out there.

http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/u?/earhart,808

Here is a different cockpit photo that shows how much detail has been blacked out. Very interesting.

http://earchives.lib.purdue.edu/u?/earhart,810
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1223 on: June 15, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

That's a better image Woody. Some sort of screen to prevent flash from camera bouncing off windows?
This must be the place

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1224 on: June 15, 2012, 09:39:12 PM »

Jeff, not being a photo expert by any means, it would appear to me that the flash should have been less of a problem in the first picture than the second because of the flatter angle at which the second picture was taken. But just my opinion and the flash, if used, did not seem to be a problem in either picture. Oh well.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1225 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »

I like the disclaimer Leon, good one. Yes it's difficult to get a point across but, that's how it's done, with debate and discussion the ideas are tested. If you have an idea or a point that you think might be useful then go with it. It might fly or, it might crash and burn but, the important thing is that it has been made known. All opinions are welcomed and, although sometimes it appears they are not, that's not the case. Nothing is proven to be correct until it has been. :)
This must be the place

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1226 on: June 16, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »

Jeff and C.W.,
You're posts seem dead on to me.  The plane interior has been airbrushed (probably hand painted) out of the pic. The 'edge' of her right arm(the white part), is not real looking.  This was a common practice in those days (and before) to 'clean up' photos for some publishing purpose.  Nothing nefarious was intended I would guess, just tidying up the shot. 

My point was this: I've looked at this pic, and dozens of others hundreds of times (yes I do keep count).  I never noticed this before, and am remarking on our ability to see or MISS things from fatigue, poor eyesight, or distraction.  I think it is highly probable that with proper search and rescue training, I couldn't see the beach on Gardner, let alone anything else.

Disclaimer: This post does not claim any evidence of anything anywhere anytime, nor any suggestion of evidence, proof, hypothesis, theory, claim or suggestion.  This post is not intended to influence anyone to think anything about anything ever, anywhere.  :'(

Leon

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
-Rene Descartes

I like your disclaimer too. Maybe it needs to be included on every post!
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #1227 on: June 16, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »

I have what I think is  a riveting question . . .  well it isn't that good, but:

What is the story on the rivets on the electra.  Any number of submerged plane photos have been posted here, and the rivets seem in place.  Is that the expectation in this search for aircraft parts?  I ask because as I peruse the rov footage, i see LOTS of holes, neatly open, evenly spaced etc.   I'm sorry if this was  answered elsewhere.  I tried the search but didn't see anything relevant (might have missed it).

Thanks
Leon

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
-Rene Descartes

Leon,

If you go to Artifact Analysis, Artifact 2-2-V-1, aluminum skin, reply #48, Jeff Nevill, one experienced in aircraft repair, addresses this a little.

Hope this helps some.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1228 on: June 17, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »

Leon---where in the ROV footage do you see lots of holes, neatly opened, and evenly spaced? Granted I see some really good potential targets, but I can remember seeing anything with that detail. How about show me where I can find those pics. Because you may be on to something.
Either way, we'll know in July.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1229 on: June 17, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »

Leon---its ok! We all want to see the Electra on the reef---will at least I do! I'm not here to debate that, I just didnt know if I missed something.
Yep I hope to see wing & fuselege parts with the proper rivit holes when they find her.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org