Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 106   Go Down

Author Topic: Still from ROV video  (Read 1282730 times)

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
Re: Still from ROV video
« Reply #1200 on: June 06, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »

any idea's what this hook shaped object is ?

A chunk of coral debris.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #1201 on: June 07, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »

Jeff Glickman can do anything TIGHAR wants to any photo TIGHAR can provide - as long as TIGHAR can provide Jeff with the $$$$ to do what TIGHAR wants. Jeff's gotta' eat, you know. As Ric is fond of saying, Increasing vision is increasingly expensive. Nobody with expertise works for free for long. So if you really want to help the cause, send TIGHAR a check and earmark it for "photo analysis." Talk is cheap. $$$$ ultimately gets us closer to the solution.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1202 on: June 07, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »

That is an excellent point, Monty, and one that I pverlooked in all the excitement. then I came back to work!
Tom

Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1203 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »

A lot earlier in this thread I posted some images that resembled a wing tip. Here's another look at them with something I have just noticed on re-visiting them. Yes I know lots of aircraft have running lights, yes it could be 'lumps of coral', yes it does look like Elvis from some angles. That said, take a look, coincidence?

This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1204 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »

Also in this image the bit that is circled looks as though it used to function some task (apart from, coral, Elvis etc...)...

This must be the place

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #1205 on: June 13, 2012, 11:31:07 PM »

Does anyone know what the shiny gold cylinder is with finger tips on it? Lower right hand corner?

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1206 on: June 14, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

i have always thought the object the arrow point's too, was a photo error but look at the arch like light coming off it in second photo
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #1207 on: June 14, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »

i have always thought the object the arrow point's too, was a photo error but look at the arch like light coming off it in second photo

If enhanced, I'll bet it's a sign reading "Welcome to Marty's Notch".   :D
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Tom Bryant

• T1
« Reply #1208 on: June 14, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »

From the light and grey scale comparisons I think the arch (if its the same thing you are seeing) is bare ground bounded by a single shrubbery/tree in the inside curve and several others that are scattered around the clearing behind that tree in a way that defines an arch to the eye. Maybe I am not seeing the same thing as you are.
"Well... it seemed like a good idea at the time"

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #1209 on: June 15, 2012, 12:45:51 AM »

in the second picture were arrow points, there is shiney metal on the edge of sand and water

and because the sun shine's on it there is what appears to be A arc of light ? 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #1210 on: June 15, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »

Ok Richie you got my attention-- the outline in the beach sand, it that a depression, or the outline of where 'something' was? There does appear to be something showing some reflection, but it hard for me to make out. But----from what I remember, it seems like around the place that Emily (?) stated finding plane parts on the beach?

I know that Ric & Co have searched the area, and probably nothing there now---but if there was one piece that was previously overlooked because it was hidden, and now uncovered due to storms, high surf, etc, it might shed some light on a few things.

Wondering outloud----'might' there be a possibliity of a one day shore excursion while the multibeam survery is going on? At the same time, possibly look for the 'wheel" in the lagoon passage, even though all are extreme longshots. Just a thought-
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #1211 on: June 15, 2012, 05:51:56 AM »

I believe I've asked Ric about that photo, and he determined it is a flaw in the original, not an object on the beach.

amck

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #1212 on: June 15, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »

I will be the first one to tell you what you guys are "finding" in the ROV video is coral. Heck at one of those that show the "wing tip" I swear I see a Dino bone. Also let me add that I hope you are all right and I am wrong, I honestly do.  Having said that I think this last one Richie posted on the beached object isn't a photo problem! There is something there. What it is I don't know, but I believe it is something. Might not be the Electra but it is something.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #1213 on: June 15, 2012, 08:53:45 AM »

Rich, there is aircraft wreckage on the reef slope at Nikumaroro. The question is who's is it?
Can't wait for the results of the next expedition ;)
This must be the place

Richard Lyon Metzger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #1214 on: June 15, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »

A picture is worth a thousand words, or " How you interpret it"
What I see is a trough in the sand (long yellow lines) and a broken section of the coral
from an impact (short yellow lines). The pink lines show what appear to be a strut (forked shaped)with an attached hose. Image was reversed and enhanced. The image of the wheel house with AE kneeling shows a 3-4 ft hose. This strut appears to have a drum brake and not a disk brake (that uses a caliper).

LTM
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 106   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org