Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 292045 times)

Dave Patterson

• T1
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2013, 09:40:31 AM »

Dave Patterson here. Been interested in the electra disappearance since 1955 when I read about it in grade school. Commercial pilot, race pilot, aircraft builder & rebuilder, skydiver and Harley rider. Licensed pilot since 1971.

nightdream33

• T1
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2013, 07:15:56 AM »

Hello. My name is Alex. I'm from Romania. I am student at politehnica university of bucharest. It's a pleasure to meet you all

Steve Lyle Gunderson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »

I have been a TIGHAR member (3911R) now for almost a year and thought it was time to introduce myself. My name is Steve Gunderson, 68 years old, retired and living with my wife in Silverdale, Washington. I retired early from civil service in 1995 with 28 years service, I then went to work for several different defense contractors over the following 17 years. All totaled I have spent 45 years supporting the US Navy in a variety of areas including surface ships and submarines of all classes.
Although I have been aware of Amelia Earhart and her disappearance for many years I only became aware of TIGHAR and the effort to locate her and/or the aircraft last year. I was working for General Dynamics, Electric Boat division and had been assigned to manage a project at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in June of 2012. One evening I was watching the local news on TV and saw a story on the TIGHAR expedition which was preparing to leave Honolulu. I Googled 'TIGHAR', followed the daily postings and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been hooked ever since.
Keep up the great work, I can hardly wait to see what happens next!
Steve G
Steve G
#3911R

Kenzie Heffernan

• T1
  • Undergraduate student- NY
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »

Hello All,
 My name is Kenzie and I'm a 19 year old undergraduate student in New York. I've been fascinated with Amelia Earhart since I was very young. I remember finding out that possible bones matching the description of Amelia had been "misplaced", (that left me quite bewildered for some time- that such crucial evidence could be simply misplaced). I first heard about TIGHAR briefly in the novel "East to the Dawn: The Life of Amelia Earhart, and decided to google the name, which led me here. I've been browsing the forums for quite some time now to educate myself on the research, and I find myself reading the posts for hours. Being that I'm probably one of the youngest members on here, I do not have any relevant skills for the search, however I will continue to keep updated with the forum, and hopefully in further years I can provide some sort of insight! Thank you all for your hard work, and feel free to message me with any further theories involving the Fiji bone search.

Pap

• T1
  • Bruce Weiss
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »

A good friend of mine was a contributing member up until his passing several years ago. I’m retired living on a limited income and wish I had the finances to contribute a sizable amount of money to the exploration. I plan to send a bit of money in the future when possible.
The mystery of Amelia has drawn my attention for some time. Like everyone I would sincerely like to have it solved and hope that with the next journey and study something will be found.
Pap

shawn mcmahon

• T1
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »

Hello all.just thought i'd say hello & comment that it looks like you have put alot into this site.i have always been interested in history & historical figures.i cant wait to see what you find in the future.maybe someday i can afford to go through the classes & learn more.keep up the good work

Tim Sharpe

• T1
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »

I've been lurking the forums for a year now... I'm a 46 year-old IT programmer who remembers the "In Search Of" Amelia Earhart episode.  I've been fascinated ever since, I just wish the TIGHAR hypothesis had been around back in the 1970s (I know that in 1937 some had suspected the flight had ended in the Phoenix Group, but this got buried until the 1980s).

Joined recently as a TIGHAR sponsor.  The next expedition can't come soon enough for me.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 08:01:47 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Tim Sharpe

• T1
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2013, 07:44:43 PM »

A good friend of mine was a contributing member up until his passing several years ago. I’m retired living on a limited income and wish I had the finances to contribute a sizable amount of money to the exploration. I plan to send a bit of money in the future when possible.
The mystery of Amelia has drawn my attention for some time. Like everyone I would sincerely like to have it solved and hope that with the next journey and study something will be found.
Pap

May I help sign "Pap" up as a TIGHAR sponsor?  If so, how can this be done?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »

A good friend of mine was a contributing member up until his passing several years ago. I’m retired living on a limited income and wish I had the finances to contribute a sizable amount of money to the exploration. ...
May I help sign "Pap" up as a TIGHAR sponsor?  If so, how can this be done?

Here is the "Contact Us" page for the website.  I'm sure you can work it out with Pat Thrasher.   :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Steve Farmer

• T1
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2013, 09:35:59 AM »

Hi, my name is Steve and I am from New Mexico, USA.  I have been an aviation enthusiast since the mid-80s and have often wondered what happened to AE and FN.  I stumbled upon this website long ago and have lurked for who knows how long - years.  I never registered because I felt I brought nothing of value to this site other than being someone that reads as much as I can.

I recently visited the Hill AFB Museum and the Museum of Flight.  I told the docents I met there about TIGHAR and their exhibitions.  There seemed to be a lot of interest about the site by them afterwards and wanted to URL.  Let's hope that they join in the search and enable TIGHAR to ultimately solve the mystery of AE and FN.  After this is resolved, maybe TIGHAR will take up the hunt for Nungesser or Jack Weeks/A-12 disappearance over the Pacific but doubt that one.  Who knows what the future has in-store however.

I hope that we find conclusive proof about AE and FN.  From what I have seen so far in regards to the objects "found" as stated by other members of this site, I believe it is another case of the Natalie Holloway skeleton found on the bottom of the Caribbean Sea...

Dave Ross Wilkinson

• T1
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »

Hi, Folks

My name is Dave; I have lurked on this website for many years, having joining TIGHAR several years ago, when I could afford dues.  I am probably one of the oldest members here, a retired electrical engineer who learned about vacuum tube electronics in college.  As such I claim little to offer the discussion but enthusiasm.

I am de-lurking at a time which I see as both the brightest and perhaps the darkest for the Earhart project.  I can only wish Ric and TIGHAR the best, the ability to continue the exploration, and to celebration success.       
Dave Wilkinson

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2013, 03:36:25 AM »

Hi Dave--welcome. :)

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »

Posted by: Dave Ross Wilkinson« on: June 19, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »
As such I claim little to offer the discussion but enthusiasm.

Enthusiasm is good! Welcome!
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Christine Schulte

• T1
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2013, 03:35:13 AM »

Hello,

here comes another de-lurker; my name is Christine, I’m German, 45, married with two kids, have a PhD in Japanese Studies and now work in Business Administration.
I first started lurking on this website in 2009 after reading a short article in one of the German national dailies about Amelia Earhart and the possibility of genetic material having been found at the “7” site, and found it addictive. Things being as they are (ahem), this seemed a suitable time to finally join TIGHAR and register on the forum.
I’m enormously impressed both with the meticulous research that is being done here and the way the principles of scientific research are adhered to. Also, everyone’s ideas are taken seriously and it doesn’t matter who someone is, it matters what they have to say. (Over here one might be able to get a public grant for this kind of research but one wouldn’t have a forum with Richie to spot a sonar anomaly that the professionals missed).  I also like the way Ric and everyone else have handled dissenting opinions on this forum, public criticism and legal assaults. Finally, I like your special sense of humour!
Unfortunately, I don’t see much that I can contribute to the search for Amelia Earhart besides my membership fee. I minored in Modern History so do have some background in historical research, but I’m probably just on the wrong side of the Atlantic for this to be of any use.

I have an ulterior motive in joining: I hope that if the Electra is found, Ric and all the others here shall be able to turn their attention to “L’Oiseau Blanc”, and go about investigating “Project Midnight Ghost” with the same enthusiasm and care.

Christine

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »

I have an ulterior motive in joining: I hope that if the Electra is found, Ric and all the others here shall be able to turn their attention to “L’Oiseau Blanc”, and go about investigating “Project Midnight Ghost” with the same enthusiasm and care.

I think I'm in love.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org