Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Test post  (Read 50366 times)

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: Test post
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 08:34:07 PM »

Bill, here is Marty's Tutorial .If an old Army pilot can understand it, maybe an old AF pilot can too.

Well done, guys!  :)

Thanks Marty. You did all the work. :D
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

jgf1944

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »

Bill, here is Marty's Tutorial .If an old Army pilot can understand it, maybe an old AF pilot can too.

Marty's Tutorial = anchor text...yes?
John

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »

Marty's Tutorial = anchor text...yes?
John

Yes!  :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

jgf1944

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »

Marty. I understand the nomenclature. Need to know how to insert the anchor text so it and not the specific URL address shows in the finished text. Marty's Tutorial only shows how to harvest URL to one's text. I know how to do that (copy, paste commands).
Thanx for help, John

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »

Marty. I understand the nomenclature. Need to know how to insert the anchor text so it and not the specific URL address shows in the finished text. Marty's Tutorial only shows how to harvest URL to one's text. I know how to do that (copy, paste commands).
Thanx for help, John

My bad.  I assumed his link was to the full tutorial, not just to the video on harvesting URLs.  :(
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

jgf1944

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »

Marty to the Rescue

you are the man, Marty.
Check out the first customer, Bill Roe, on the BehSci board, just above my response.
Beh/Sci could not have started out with any hotter potato (topic). LOL

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »

Marty,

When ever I insert a hyperlink in a block of text, I always preview the post and click on the highlighted text in the preview pane to see if my hyperlink goes where I want it to.  You might want to add this tip to the end of the tutorial.  I have had to correct some for posters that were broken links, just didn't work or the wrong one.
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 08:22:23 AM »

Marty to the Rescue

you are the man, Marty.
Check out the first customer, Bill Roe, on the BehSci board, just above my response.
Beh/Sci could not have started out with any hotter potato (topic). LOL

Yes, indeed!  ::)

He asked the question circumspectly.  It has come up before.  I liked your answer very much.  Thanks!  :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »

Marty,

When ever I insert a hyperlink in a block of text, I always preview the post and click on the highlighted text in the preview pane to see if my hyperlink goes where I want it to.  You might want to add this tip to the end of the tutorial.  I have had to correct some for posters that were broken links, just didn't work or the wrong one.

Bob, you can add this is the thread yourself.  It's open for comments and suggestions.  Or, using your superpowers as a moderator, you should be able to modify the opening post and add the suggestion in your own name.

Edit: I just realized that I have a hidden agenda here.  From my point of view, the job of moderators is to lighten the work load of admins.  Verbum sat sap. :P
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:25:07 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Bob Lanz

• T4
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 08:37:01 AM »

Marty,

Bob, you can add this is the thread yourself.  It's open for comments and suggestions.  Or, using your superpowers as a moderator, you should be able to modify the opening post and add the suggestion in your own name.

Edit: I just realized that I have a hidden agenda here.  From my point of view, the job of moderators is to lighten the work load of admins.  Verbum sat sap. :P

I know Marty, "a word to the wise" Touche'.
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

I assumed his link was to the full tutorial, not just to the video on harvesting URLs.  :(
I'm trying your instructions, Marty - this is a test.
Mr. venomous.
This person was recently asked HIS opinion of where AE ended up.  His answer is Mili Atol.  Is this new? I checked the history of this place and find nothing about Amelia.   Must be part of the Japanese Hypotheses.  ;D
Monte TIGHAR #3597

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »

Good test Monte. Looks like you named him well too! :o
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »

I assumed his link was to the full tutorial, not just to the video on harvesting URLs.  :(
I'm trying your instructions, Marty - this is a test.
Mr. venomous.
This person was recently asked HIS opinion of where AE ended up.  His answer is Mili Atol.  Is this new? I checked the history of this place and find nothing about Amelia.   Must be part of the Japanese Hypotheses.  ;D

Yes.  This Google search of the TIGHAR website for "Mili Atoll" returns nine pages of hits.  It's been discussed a few times.   ::)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Monte Chalmers

• T2
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 05:29:42 PM »

Yes. tigharorg&ss=4944j2067734j22#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=%22mili%20atoll%22%20]Google search of the TIGHAR website for "Mili Atoll"[/url] returns nine pages of hits.  It's been discussed a few times.   ::)
Looks like I only did some good on part of my test.  still need some work on the research.  ;D  I DID check the atoll - found Japanese occupation - all kinds of stuff that crashed there.  I need better search technics.  :(

P.S. I've looked over all "nine pages of hits".  A LOT of reading!  "Everything under the sun" - hardly anything about the subject Mili Atoll - actually not a lot more that I found.  Still some interesting reading.
Monte TIGHAR #3597

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:12:55 PM by Monte Chalmers »

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »

Monte, when you are on this page, the Forum, if you scroll to the top you will see a list of topics across the top. If you click on the second one from the left, "Search TIGHAR", it will take you to the page to find things. It has instructions, topics and a place to enter the subject you want to explore. When you finish, if you are not on the "Search TIGHAR" page, use your return arrow to get there, then go to the options at the top, click on Forum and you will return here.

I hope you are ready to do a lot of reading. Have fun! ;)
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org