Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Test post  (Read 50311 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Test post
« on: October 04, 2010, 06:12:30 PM »

This is a test post to show how to start a new thread.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Test post
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »

This is a plain old reply.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »

This is a test post to show how to start a new thread.

This shows what a quoted section looks like in a reply.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 06:15:26 AM »

This is a posting test post.

A member said something wasn't working.

<sigh>

As always, everything works for me.  So far as I know, you can't squish a bug you can't see.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Mike Piner

• T1
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »

As you can see, I can reply.  there was no tab anywhere to start a new topic, or thread  Mike

Mike Piner

• T1
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:47:22 AM »

Moleski:  when the screen changed, there was a new topic tab, but when im looking for it I cant find it.  itis stange how to get there at times.  Why not have all the avail items on every screen, wouldnt that be a logical thing to do.  When I was looking at the help screens, I didn't know how to go from one minue to another.  That is why i said I didnt have someone here to tell meDummie do this"  Mike

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »

Moleski:  when the screen changed, there was a new topic tab, but when im looking for it I cant find it.  itis stange how to get there at times.  Why not have all the avail items on every screen, wouldnt that be a logical thing to do.  When I was looking at the help screens, I didn't know how to go from one minue to another.  That is why i said I didnt have someone here to tell meDummie do this"  Mike

I think this post on "How to Post to the Forum" has the basic information you seek.

The button for "New Topic" disappears when you are reading a thread because the authors of the FREE software we use decided to make it disappear when you are inside of a thread.

You have choices.  You may rewrite the software (as it is open-source).  You may harass the authors and see whether they will modify it to suit you.  Or you may pay TIGHAR's expenses to install the software of your choice; plan on making a large donation not just to cover the cost of acquiring and installing the software, but also to make TIGHAR feel that the work is worth the effort.   ::)  Your last option is to learn how this package works and cope with its limitations.  For the most part, that is the path I've taken myself.   ;)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Mike Piner

• T1
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 11:29:30 AM »

Any others you can think of?  Oh, I remember you told someone how to get rid of the Security information Popup that is so annoying.  And why did the main page change  And nother thing, You're doing a GREAT job  Mike

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »

Any others you can think of?

I've pinned five or six topics in the "Forum FAQs, maintenance, how-to help" board.

Oh, I remember you told someone how to get rid of the Security information Popup that is so annoying.

Yes.  I just pinned that one, but I plan to rework the Forum so that it is no longer using https:// in the URLs.  We were obliged to implement that in order to pass some tests that are no longer required or run on the site.

And why did the main page change?

Pat Thrasher takes care of http://tighar.org and many hundreds of other pages on the site.  I didn't ask and she didn't tell me why she modified her templates.  I did help her find a few missing links, if I remember correctly.

And another thing, You're doing a GREAT job

I appreciate the kind words.  Some days are better than others.   ;D
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Mike Piner

• T1
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »

Marty:  I really appreciate your help, thanks to you I am fingin ways to geto wehere I want to go, It' work out.  I believe the forum fever is coming back.  New people are thinking new things(Shelia). have a great evening Marty LTM   out Mike P

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 07:16:17 PM »

Marty:  I really appreciate your help, thanks to you I am fingin ways to geto wehere I want to go, It' work out.  I believe the forum fever is coming back.  New people are thinking new things(Shelia). have a great evening Marty LTM   out Mike P

I'm glad it's starting to make sense, Mike.  Feel free to practice in the Chatterbox.  You can start a new topic (as I did this one) and reply to yourself to see what the various options are.

I have three hours of heavy reading left, then I have to calculate the grades and turn them in by 9:00 AM tomorrow, so I'll have to be brief in any replies I make tonight.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 10:14:09 PM »

Just wanted test how to use hyperlink
The Subject section shows the dates of when that subject was introduced

Test passed!
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

jgf1944

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »

test

jgf1944

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 06:18:12 PM »

test 2

jgf1944

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »

test tres

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org