Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 296 members  (Read 40629 times)

Alex Fox

• T1
Re: 296 members
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »

This is kind of a test post (first post, anyway).  After pouring over this forum the last few days, it is interesting Ric seems to be the only person who has been on site at Nikumaroro (or who will say so) who posts here.  I'm a little confused as to why this thread is in the extraneous "test post" forum and not in one of the regular forums, as it does seem to be a relevant question related to the search for AE.

I must admit I didn't see the Discovery Channel show yet, but was aware of TIGHAR the last few years and I did read Ric's new book last year, which ultimately led me here.  Fascinating stuff!

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 10:04:53 PM »

... I'm a little confused as to why this thread is in the extraneous "test post" forum and not in one of the regular forums, as it does seem to be a relevant question related to the search for AE. ...

Thread drift happens.  I have split a few threads and moved them to the right location, but I'm not going to try to clean up every mess people make.

FWIW, here is my own "New Member Introduction," located in the proper place in the Forum.

I have never applied to become a Niku team member for two reasons:

• I have not done an Archeological School, which is a prerequisite for Niku volunteers.
  • I think I would be more of a liability than an asset to the team.  I am fat, self-centered, and irascible.  I don't have any affection for the tropical sun nor am I equipped with what the social graces needed by the team.

I am a reasonably good typist.  I have a knack for decoding instruction manuals and help pages.  My computer skills are good enough to support most of what TIGHAR wants to do with the website.

I set up the software for the Forum and am the active moderator in it.  To come back to the topic of this thread, it seems that we have 3654 posts in 345 topics by 463 members.  My total time logged in is 7 days, 22 hours and 12 minutes.  I have made 662 posts (0.935 per day).  As Alan warned in his reply to your question, I have been known to indulge in sarcasm, irony, and ridicule.

The earliest post the Forum that I can find is Fri, 28 Jul 2000.  That means that I'm sneaking up on my twelfth year of poring over the materials TIGHAR has accumulated.  It's been a great adventure.   :)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Alex Fox

• T1
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »

I am fat, self-centered, and irascible.  I don't have any affection for the tropical sun nor am I equipped with what the social graces needed by the team.

Are you quite sure you wouldn't be a good fit?  These attributes could all be addressed in a series of petty squabbles aboard a ship towards Nikumaroro, no?   8)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »

I am fat, self-centered, and irascible.  I don't have any affection for the tropical sun nor am I equipped with what the social graces needed by the team.

Are you quite sure you wouldn't be a good fit?  These attributes could all be addressed in a series of petty squabbles aboard a ship towards Nikumaroro, no?   8)

Undoubtedly the would be.  That's why I'm confining my ministry to more comfortable islands (Manhattan, Staten, and Long).    :P
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ross Devitt

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »

I have never applied to become a Niku team member for two reasons:

I have not done an Archeological School, which is a prerequisite for Niku volunteers.
    I think I would be more of a liability than an asset to the team.  I am fat, self-centered, and irascible.  I don't have any affection for the tropical sun nor am I equipped with what the social graces needed by the team.
OMG Marty, you haven't changed a bit in, geez, how many years since I've been away?

Haha!  First time back in the forum in years and I am laughing already.  I suppose I had better toddle over to the chatterbox thread ind introduce myself..  ;D

AHA !!!  Now I know why I didn't rejoin when the forum changed.  I couldn;t get past this damned verification thing.

Th' WOMBAT
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org