Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tactical Maneuver  (Read 43219 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Tactical Maneuver
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2013, 08:41:43 PM »

Meaning no disrespect here....   But in a most bizarre and nearly unfathomable bit of irony, isn't Tim Mellon a descendant of Amelia Earhart?

Not in any way that I am aware of.  Mellon bought an airline with which she was once associated. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »

Hi again,
               I read an article stating that the Discovery channel will be along on this next years expedition to film events , is this the first time you have had a major network do this? Also, again on the subject of bones ( can't get bones out of my mind) ...I read here and other places that you did a little investigating on a grave site that turned out to be that of an infant(assumed part of the settlement), and that you noted it was lined with coral and the coffin was that of wood. Were the bones examined? and if so what condition were they in? At the least they would be now 50+ years old, earharts and noonen's would only be a couple decades older. Did this give a clue to Tighar as to how the enviroment / and soil minerals and salts deteriorate bones on that island? I live in an area where there are examples of remains some purported to be millions of years old!!!!Triceritops and Tyranosaurus all around me , so you see bones laying out or under the elements only 76+ years don't really seem all that old to me.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:26:29 PM by Jerry Germann »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2013, 01:22:23 AM »

Hi Jerry

Discovery have been a major sponsor of Tighar for a few years, Has well as Photo Tech and FedEx

As for information on Tighar's work on the infants grave. At the top of page you will see  Search Tighar, Click on that box then scroll down to " Index for Tighar Tracks". Scroll down list, I think Earhart tracks start from 1987, In these you will find most of your questions answered in these pages     
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org