Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comprehensive Project status report?  (Read 22433 times)

Tim Collins

• T4
Comprehensive Project status report?
« on: October 05, 2012, 06:51:37 AM »

Can we get an status report on the Earhart project as a whole: an update as to what is actively being done, what has been sidelined, and what evidence is currently out for analysis (a timeline for the results?), what needs to be done and perhaps thoughts on where to go from here?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Comprehensive Project status report?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »

Can we get an status report on the Earhart project as a whole: an update as to what is actively being done, what has been sidelined, and what evidence is currently out for analysis (a timeline for the results?), what needs to be done and perhaps thoughts on where to go from here?

Ric may have something like that for this weekend's board meeting.

Time will tell whether he can or will provide that kind of snapshot.

TIGHAR members receive TIGHAR Tracks, which tend to keep folks informed of what is going on.

Other than that, you can build up a sense of what is happening by:
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:04:28 PM »

Many of those decisions will be made at this board meeting. First day today went well.  Another full day of discussions tomorrow. Next week I'll post a synopsis of what we decide.

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »

I don't know about everyone else but I was hoping for a webcast of the board meeting.  ;) Good luck - I'm sure you're prepared.
------
Doug

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 02:04:22 PM »

I don't know about everyone else but I was hoping for a webcast of the board meeting.  ;) Good luck - I'm sure you're prepared.

No offense but have you ever attended a board meeting?  Have never been to a TIGHAR Board Meeting but have attended many others.  If they follow the typical model, that would make for quite a boring webcast.  Very few moments of "wow" and a lotta of moments of "yawn".  The final one ironing out the details just prior to an planned expedition might be worthwhile though...

LTM,

Don

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:25:33 PM by Don Dollinger »

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

And, of course, the official minutes of most Board meetings are not approved and ratified until the following Board meeting. Could be a long wait...
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »

No offense but have you ever attended a board meeting? 

Don,

Yes, many. The most recent was last night. I wasn't thinking 'Yawn', but rather, 'I can't believe this'.

My post was not meant to be taken seriously.
------
Doug

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »

No offense but have you ever attended a board meeting? 

Don,

Yes, many. The most recent was last night. I wasn't thinking 'Yawn', but rather, 'I can't believe this'.

My post was not meant to be taken seriously.

Which is exactly why I started my post with "No offense".  Some folks do enjoy those types of things, I certainly am no longer one of those types.  If you have a good chairman that keeps things going they can be very productive, if not and they allow every topic to get bogged down in minutae then they are a major waste of time.  Unfortunately most of the ones that I attended tended to trend towards the second model.  YMMV... 

LTM,

Don

LTM,

Don

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

I can tell you that TIGHAR board meetings are always lively, occasionally contentious, and unfailingly intense.  The board takes its work seriously but there is never any shortage of laughter and good-spirited mutual deprecation. Only the Executive Director is immune from abuse (not).  Every member of our eight-person board has won their spurs as an expedition team member on Nikumaroro at least once and, in most cases, several times.  All are steeped in not only the many aspects of Earhart Project research but also the status and progress of the organization's other projects.  This most recent meeting was extremely productive with many important decisions and plans made.  We'll have a full report soon.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »

should we expect some substance on other projects, e.g. Maid of Harlech, etc.?

Lots going on with the Devastator Project.  Project Midnight Ghost may re-awaken soon. The Maid still sleeps in the sand waiting for a home.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 06:52:47 AM »

We'll have a full report soon.

Thanks Ric, we're all looking forward to it.

Dale O. Beethe

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 01:22:42 PM »

Project Midnight Ghost fascinates me.  I hope it does indeed re-awaken soon!

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

Which is exactly why I started my post with "No offense".  Some folks do enjoy those types of things, I certainly am no longer one of those types.  If you have a good chairman that keeps things going they can be very productive, if not and they allow every topic to get bogged down in minutae then they are a major waste of time.  Unfortunately most of the ones that I attended tended to trend towards the second model.  YMMV... 

Don, yes I agree. One comment at the end of a meeting filled with minutae was great. On the way out the door I asked someone if they could believe a particular discussion. His reply was priceless, "No, if I paid attention, I'd want to hurt someone."

But, we digress off-topic. From Ric's comments, it sounds like the TIGHAR meetings are run well.
------
Doug

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org