Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Flight Arguments  (Read 19782 times)

Andreas Badertscher

• T1
Lost Flight Arguments
« on: May 06, 2011, 04:50:35 AM »

If you read through this page (scroll down) you'll find some interesting and controversial comments.
Any comments on this group or its members?  ???

http://www.ameliaearhartmovie.com/lostflightgrouplfg.html
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:20:24 AM by moleski »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Lost Flight Arguments
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:25:00 AM »

If you read through this page (scroll down) you'll find some interesting and controversial comments.
Any comments on this group or its members?  ???

http://www.ameliaearhartmovie.com/lostflightgrouplfg.html

The author and many of her allies used to participate in the Forum when it was conducted via e-mail.

I believe we lost some of them when the Forum was closed to those who were not dues-paying members of TIGHAR.

You may search TIGHAR for their names.

Search result for "Carol Dow."

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 06:06:49 AM »

Carol is a piece of work. There's an on-going debate about cause and effect. Does the Earhart mystery attract nut cases or does puzzling over the mystery make you crazy?

Andreas Badertscher

• T1
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »

;D ;D ;D
good one!

david alan atchason

• T3
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »

Does the Earhart mystery attract nut cases or does puzzling over the mystery make you crazy?

YES

david alan atchason

• T3
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »

.....to which one?  ;D

You are asking nature or nurture?   I belive it is both.

At any rate, my friends agree, "He is hopeless case."

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »

Carol is a piece of work. There's an on-going debate about cause and effect. Does the Earhart mystery attract nut cases or does puzzling over the mystery make you crazy?

My wife calls her 'that other women' 

Bill Lloyd

• T3
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »

For all I know, Carol Dows arguments were made in good faith and she just might be a brilliant aviator, however, her provocative posting in the forum on 1 January 1999,
"How does one become an Earhart Scholar?" fits the profile of a troll.

Quoting Dow in her post "I happen to be a Bonanza Pilot and have some time behind the controls, and I well know what it is to have sweat on your face and a look of fear in you fear in your eyes. Any pilot who was in the predicament AE was in would  have doubled back and headed for the island chain they just flew over." 

Those comments just do not sound like something that any experienced aviator that I know would say. Generally speaking, the more experience that you accumulate in flying, the less boasting and bragging that is done especially if one has made it through a few scrapes.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »

You're all wrong - there is, however, a direct correlation with how many times you've viewed Monty Python and the Holy Grail ...
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Rich Ramsey

• T2
  • Hang Tough
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 10:52:51 AM »

If you ask me it is a little of both. But you all need to be honest about this. With all the theories out there about the crash of AE it is gonna happen, your are going to get the "crazies". Both people and the state of mind yourself. It is sad really because most people label even the "stable" ones as nut jobs. When all we want to know is the truth.
"Hang Tough"
Rich

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »

Her Pilot's License needed to be yanked if she thought Niku was 600 miles away from Howland instead of about 300.  And if AE was south of Howland when she turn on the LOP even less.  She 'shoots herself in the foot' on the first line!  Wonder how many times she got lost with navigation skills like that?  Maybe she feel a connection to AE because she gets lost regularly? 
TIGHAR Member #4154

david alan atchason

• T3
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »

I haven't read Carol Dow's book, but in her defense, she does not describe herself as a competent pilot. See Paragraph 3, I think, in this piece. Carol Dow. I am doing this as much to practice inserting links as to providing any pertinent information.

david alan atchason

• T3
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 07:05:55 PM »

Try this link, I got that one wrong. Carol Dow

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

See Paragraph 3, I think, in this piece. Carol Dow. I am doing this as much to practice inserting links as to providing any pertinent information.
It (inserting links) takes a bit of practice, David.  Even Ric's links have to be surrepticiously corrected by He Who Must Be Obeyed sometimes.  ;)    For this one, you clipped off the last two characters of the URL so the link doesn't work properly.  You (as the author) can fix that by editing your posting and inserting the last two letters ("ml") that belong at the end of the URL.   

Oh, as soon as I posted this originally, I found your follow-up post with a corrected link.   
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:30:49 PM by Bruce Thomas »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org