Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 291816 times)

Stacy Galloway

• T2
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) I look forward to many interesting discussions and insights!

LTM who's having a lovely day,
Stacy
TIGHAR #4284R

Scott Doudrick

• T1
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2013, 08:53:30 AM »

The 39 in 39mars is for my '39 ford pickup.  I have degrees in aerospace engineering and a minor in anthropology. Those things add up to a general interest in the '30s/'40s, aircraft and archaeology which is why I am here.

Have been anxiously awaiting/checking for the new photos and so have seen a lot of the forum traffic.  Just wanted to be able to add a couple of things

Marie Adams

• T1
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »

New here...just stopping by to say hello...I'm a wife, a mom, a watercolor artist, and a huge Amelia fan!  :)

Steve Schlutt

• T1
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »

Good Evening Ladies, Gents, Friends, and Countrymen,
I am a new reader of the Tighar site and forum...   I have to say I am quickly becoming obsessed. The theory of Tighar about Gardner is very fascinating, and I am thoroughly enjoying the discourse.  Since the recent announcement of the rediscovered photos, I find myself checking in throughout the day in hopes of a big announcement.  I hope of course that one of the photos will reveal wreckage just below the surface-- perhaps not visible from the beach upon surveying, but seen clearly from the air.  I have been reading over the vast amout of material on the site, acquiring an education about all sorts of things-- from vintage freckle cream jars to side scan sonar.  At any rate, I just wanted to introduce myself, say hello, and mention how much I am enjoying learning about all of this.  And I hope to see a major break in this mystery sometime soon. 
Steve Schlutt

Jeffrey Donald Shaffer

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2013, 05:34:53 AM »

Hi Scott, Marie and Steve. Allow me to say welcome to the forum. I, myself am new here and hope you will find it as compelling as I have.  There is a wealth of experience and knowledge about the aircraft and Amelia to be found here. May you find yourselves absorbed in the discoveries that have been made, and of those to come...
Jeff Shaffer    Tighar#4168

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2013, 12:07:03 AM »

Welcome to Scott, Marie and Steve!
@Scott--I am anxiously waiting the new photos, too!
@Marie--Your picture, is that one of your own watercolors? Beautiful!
@Steve--It is so easy to get obsessed here!
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Bill de Creeft

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »

I have been on a while, but just want to say "Hi" also to newer members...Welcome to a fascinating group!
I too am laying low, waiting for word on the New Pictures !!

That's it; ...just as a bird sings in the morning, I guess !?!

Bill
Bill de Creeft

Tighar Member #4131

Sandra Bennett

• T1
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »

Hi all.  I'm another Amelia wonderer, and am really happy to be here.  I've held a long fascination with Amelia that started with a simple biography in grade school and has lasted through the years.  I've been through a lot of "theories" but this one resonates with me, and I've spent what seems like hundreds of hours poring over the vast information and photos on this site (but not enough hours yet to post anything lest Martin firmly redirect me!) 

I'm a CPA, so if anybody needs some money counted or financial statements interpreted then I'm here for the team :) .  I have sluething skills in genealogy and libraries, having been raised by a librarian mother.  Happy to meet you all and see all the progress to find Ameilia.

LTM,
Sandra
Sandra

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »

Ok guys, this is getting spooky - way too many women signing in.  Just kidding gals welcome aboard.

Ted Campbell

Jeffrey Donald Shaffer

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2013, 04:26:43 AM »

Welcome Home Sandra !!! :D

Clarence Carlson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »

Been a member for a little while and must have neglected to do this.
I'm a ham radio op for 40 some odd years, operating mostly CW (morse). My first visit to the website I started reading the radio info and all the hairs on my neck stood up. Well, at least several. Think I was up til 2 in the morning. The radio research here is first class and I'm learning new stuff. Thanks to this group.
Also: to support my radio habit I work as a physician. Did a tour in the Navy as a flight surgeon, back in the day, assigned to the Marines at MCAS Yuma. The flight surgeon course is taught at Pensacola and included accident investigation training. Got a good exposure to aviation working with top notch marine pilots and even some flight training along the way.  The TIGHAR mission appeals to me on multiple levels. And unsolved historical mysteries cause an itch I just have to scratch! So I joined and will stay on board until "mission accomplished".
Clarence Carlson
TIGHAR Member #3976D

Marie Adams

• T1
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »

Welcome to Scott, Marie and Steve!
@Scott--I am anxiously waiting the new photos, too!
@Marie--Your picture, is that one of your own watercolors? Beautiful!
@Steve--It is so easy to get obsessed here!

Hi, Gloria - yes, its my watercolor impression of Amelia...thanks so much!

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

Hi, Gloria - yes, its my watercolor impression of Amelia...thanks so much!

Thanks for sharing this picture! Love it!

Welcome Sandra. I, too, have been an Amelia fan since grade school!
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »

Hi Greg,

Welcome. :)

Jeffrey Donald Shaffer

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2013, 04:28:44 AM »

Glad you're here Greg. Aircraft enthusiasts are great people!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org