Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reno Presentation - Hi-Res Nessie Photo Available ?  (Read 101335 times)

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
Re: Reno Presentation - Hi-Res Nessie Photo Available ?
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2012, 08:06:12 PM »

"Mabel did not come forward with her story until 1990, and some of her recollections are not consistent with the historical record".
I'm not so sure they were incapable of doing work based on what someone remembered 53 years later. It is not known when Betty's description of injuries was made. It could have been on the 5th Day. Fred "complained of his head" could simply be a headache or dehydration on the 5th day.
The water supply may have been limited but from the Radio messages they lived for 5 days minimum?
Maybe they did the work on the 3rd day when they still had strength. I don't think we should underestimate that they could have used enginuity to get work done with limited effort. A lightweight pole could lever up 3000 lbs. or they simply found an actual jack on the ship. Anyway that was just one explaination. They could simply have drove up to a high point and staked it down.  I was just offering a few possibilities to explain how high up the wheel in the image looks. Of course assuming it is a wheel right side up. One image I saw looked like the wheel was upside down.
3971R

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:14:14 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Re: Reno Presentation - Hi-Res Nessie Photo Available ?
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2012, 02:28:17 PM »

In another 10 days, at the Earhart75 Symposium, I hope to see the results of whatever it is that Jeff Glickman is so carefully taking a picture of in the photo album shown here.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org