Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bones found in Fiji  (Read 75344 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Bones search in Fiji
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 09:51:11 AM »

Please don't try to contact Margaret.

Seriously?!! You jumped right to that conclusion?

Just being careful.

We've talked to her several times.

And...?
[/quote]

She doesn't have any information that is useful to our investigation.

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
Re: Bones found in Fiji
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »

This from Josh Gates' Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/joshuagates

Gates is on the right.  Presumably the other gentleman is John Grey, the person who found the box/skull in 1969.

Gates' Twitter page says he's in Peru today.  Guess nothing came of the bones find.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:29:25 AM by BMangus »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 10:59:03 AM »

And...?

And she doesn't have the bones or either of the boxes.

And she hasn't seen anything in her father's correspondence or memorabilia that talk about the case.

Here is the biography she wrote about her father.  It is a short, but worthwhile read.  It helped me understand the WPHC and Fiji.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

And she hasn't seen anything in her father's correspondence or memorabilia that talk about the case.

I'm sure you're right. How foolish of me to think that correspondence or memorabilia might in some way have an address associated with it.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »

This from Josh Gates' Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/joshuagates

Gates is on the right.  Presumably the other gentleman is John Grey, the person who found the box/skull in 1969.

Gates' Twitter page says he's in Peru today.  Guess nothing came of the bones find.

Oh my I just connected some dots, this is the "TV documentary producer" that this lead came from? I know I'm judging the messenger here, but has anyone here actually seen his work? "Documentary" isn't necessarily the most appropriate term for what he produces.  Perhaps the precis from Travel Channel will give the picture: 

"Expedition Unknown chronicles the adventures of Josh Gates as he investigates iconic mysteries across the globe. Gates begins by interviewing key eyewitnesses and uncovering recent developments in the story, then springboards into a fully immersive exploration. This authentic, roughshod adventure leads Gates closer to the truth behind these unanswered global enigmas, such as the disappearance of Amelia Earhart’s plane.

Josh Gates is an adventurer and avid explorer with a unique brand of humor and passion for off-the-map excursions."

Hopefully those "off-the-map excursions" don't include Niku! And, no I'm not suggesting this necessarily effects the potential veracity of the new bones lead. 

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »

Josh Gates seems to have all the earmarks of a first class phony.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2014, 01:49:49 PM »

Josh Gates seems to have all the earmarks of a first class phony.

Oh, I don't know, I think your just jealous.  You wish you could "springboard into fully immersive exploration" and lead a life of "authentic roughshod adventure."  Come to think of it I wish I could too, but only if I can have a cool theme song. Now where did I put John Williams' email address...

Oh the bitter injustice of it all. Well funded tripe versus... Any way, happy Friday.   

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »

What's immersive or authentic about it?  It's TV... more like saturated with fertilizer.  ;D
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »

...You wish you could "springboard into fully immersive exploration" and...

Sorry, forgot about the guano pit incident. But that still leaves "authentic roughshod adventure."

I'll stop, I promise.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2014, 10:37:22 AM »

This looks like a perfect opportunity to go completely off-topic and give you all a sneak peek at a brand new line of T-shirts we're calling "Reality Wear."  Yes, TIGHAR has gone "edgy," or maybe "cynical," but definitely "smart ass."  Let me know what you think.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 05:38:00 PM »

*wonders if he can get away with wearing these at work, decides it might be fun to find out*

I still want to see the complete line of TIGHAR bumper sticker wisdom   ;D

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 05:51:25 PM »

I still want to see the complete line of TIGHAR bumper sticker wisdom   ;D

Patience.  Let's see how these shirts sell.  This is an experiment.

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 03:21:48 AM »

I have a strong recollection of seeing a TV documentary, decades ago, wherein a film crew went to Fiji to investigate this.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any source to take my investigation seriously, no responses, no replies.

It seemed fantastic at the time, but the image I recall was the film crew walking down a corridor in a Fiji institution and a curator sliding out a drawer to reveal parts of a skeleton and saying "those are the remains of Amelia Earhart.

/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

Scott C. Mitchell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 07:18:06 AM »

Sounds like a precognition event, Tim.   :)

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »

Sounds like a precognition event, Tim.   :)

Courtesy of Youtube I've been able to find much video that I saw only once on TV and never seen advertised for repeat. It's provided a good opportunity to contrast memory with actual, provided Youtube holds the same release version.

Recently  I found and posted up about Wings of Hope which is one example.

I found the documentary a must for those who are interested in air crash survival.

/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:58:43 PM by Tim Gard »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org