Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trip to Nikumaroro  (Read 53547 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Trip to Nikumaroro
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »

There are no screening criteria. You have to be over 18 or accompanied by an adult, and you have to be able to pay for the trip. This is a tourist cruise. Tom King and I (and a couple other Niku veterans) will be going along as lecturers and tour guides.

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »

And the estimated cost?
Ted Campbell

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 03:29:57 AM »

And the estimated cost?
Ted Campbell
Ted, the cost options (beginning at $7,195, plus air) are laid out at the end of the very detailed brochure from Betchart Expeditions, Inc.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

C.W. Herndon

• T5
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2014, 03:46:03 AM »

Ted, the cost options (beginning at $7,195, plus air) are laid out at the end of the very detailed brochure from Betchart Expeditions, Inc.

Interesting and informative brochure Bruce. Thanks for posting it.
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Ross Devitt

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 02:33:17 AM »

Off Topic a little, but this post led me to discover Tom King wrote a book called 'Thirteen Bones'.  So I did some googling and discovered that in 2001 I wrote 'The Bones of Nikumororo', which was a few paragraphs of a plea for help, with a catchy title.  I had no idea it would be available on the web almost fourteen years later.
Strange the grip the Earhart thing has on us.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org