Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video no longer available  (Read 5643 times)

Doug Giese

• inactive
Video no longer available
« on: July 12, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »

I use Firefox 21.0 and ESET and have had this problem with Yahoo in particular. It seems to be caused by some weird interaction between my Adblock software and the firewall.

I've fixed the problem a couple of times but really don't know why they worked. The problem seems to occur after a Firefox or Flash update.

Try disabling your firewall temporarily and see if that fixes the problem.

I fixed it once by opening a range of ports in my firewall. I found the instructions by searching the web (I can't remember what site it was - sorry). Type in the exact error message and see if you can find it. The ports opened for Yahoo news were 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.14. This fix worked for a while.

The last time I updated Flash the problem came back. I went into ESET and deleted the rule for Flash ("Deny"). Then when I tried to play a new video ESET prompted me for a new rule and I selected "Allow". My ESET firewall mode is "Interactive". The problem seems to be solved again. I don't see any video ads and the video plays.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with a definitive answer.
------
Doug

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:28:46 PM by Doug Giese »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org