Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund  (Read 705501 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

Ted, I'll be proud to sit with you whatever you're wearing.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2013, 10:49:29 AM »

Wyoming man denies plot against Earhart plane recovery group

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/wyoming-man-denies-plot-against-earhart-plane-recovery-group/article_42dfc090-cb35-54a2-a158-25652b0953b5.html#ixzz2bg1C9DTL

The Casper Star Tribune, Tim's hometown newspaper, contacted me recently to give me more details and get my reaction to this game-changing discovery by a crack investigative reporter.  The private online forum referred to in the article is the Amelia Earhart Forum run by former TIGHAR Forum poster Heath Smith and made up in large part of people who have been banned from this Forum for troll-ism. I now have copies of the entire lengthy thread of discussions by Tim and a number of co-conspirators about how they plan to dine on TIGHAR's carcass. After Tim got a call from the reporter he quickly posted that the thread was only a "spoof" to find out if someone was leaking information - but Tim has a logic problem. If there was no conspiracy, nothing to hide, why the concern about leaks?

Now, for the first time, his previously unfathomable claims and actions make sense. The reason for the failure of the many well-meaning attempts by forum members to reason with him becomes clear as does his "Take no prisoners" motto. 
We are shocked, dismayed, saddened and angered that Tim would stoop to these levels.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:03:55 AM by Ric Gillespie »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »

Mr. Mellon,

If your documented plan to profit from bankrupting TIGHAR was really a "spoof" as you claim, prove it by dropping your lawsuit and signing an agreement to never again take legal action against me or TIGHAR.

Irvine John Donald

• T5
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »

This actually ties in with Mr. Mellon stating that its not about the money in the lawsuit that he posted just a week or two ago. Very sad
Respectfully Submitted;

Irv

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »

Look at what he did with Pan Am, an iconic and respected name and logo that he purchased after the company went bankrupt.  He then applied the name and logo to his own holdings and even styled his email address "PanAm Captain."  Nothing illegal in any of that, but it speaks volumes.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »

After Tim got a call from the reporter he quickly posted that the thread was only a "spoof" to find out if someone was leaking information - but Tim has a logic problem. If there was no conspiracy, nothing to hide, why the concern about leaks?

You just don't have a sufficiently conspiratorial outlook on life, Ric.

Clearly there is a supersecret Forum behind the secret Forum.  In the supersecret Forum, which the reporter failed to find, the conspirators decided what kind of thread they would develop in the merely secret Forum as bait for their enemies.

You have fallen into their trap!  Now they have you exactly where they want you!  Never believe that the first layer you uncover is all there is to a plot.  Churchill understood this perfectly: "Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma."

Oh, if only you had consulted a Jesuit about these things before launching this premature exposé!   ::)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »

Mr. Mellon,

If your documented plan to profit from bankrupting TIGHAR was really a "spoof" as you claim, prove it by dropping your lawsuit and signing an agreement to never again take legal action against me or TIGHAR.

Better yet, Ric, I will demonstrate in court with emails pre-dating the post that its sole purpose was to determine if someone was leaking private correspondence.

That you would not place it in the full facetious context of the thread is, IMO, reprehensible. Especially after Father Moleski's sermon about copying materials.

You have taken TIGHAR to new depths.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:02:15 PM by Tim Mellon »

Scott Doudrick

• T1
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »

I have been thinking about posting this for a couple of days

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/29/texas-teen-facing-eight-years-after-violent-league-of-legends-threat/

Sarcastic comments on forums can have unfortunate consequences.  I'm not saying that I have encountered anything in this forum akin to what was typed by the teen. However, I AM saying is that the law doesn't necesarially have to take the context of comments into account, or might err on the side of caution or make an example as it seems with this teen. Just don't want folks here to get themselves or TIGHAR into trouble because they are passionate about finding AE.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »

Especially after Father Moleski's sermon about copying materials.

Ric did not publish the material collected from the website.

He merely adverted to having acquired it as material relevant to defending TIGHAR in court.

This constitutes "fair use" under copyright law.

"Thus far the words for today's holy gospel."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »

That you would not place it in the full facetious context of the thread is, IMO, reprehensible. Especially after Father Moleski's sermon about copying materials.

I'll grant you that it can be hard to tell when people who see 75 year old underwater toilet paper are being facetious, but the context of the thread seemed perfectly serious to me.  With your permission I'll post the complete thread as it was shown to me and people can decide for themselves what is reprehensible.

I'm calling your bluff on this Tim. Shall I post the thread?

Scott C. Mitchell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »

This turn of events reminds me of two quotations.

"When someone tells you who they are, believe them."  -- Maya Angelou
"Cui bono?" -- Latin legal phrase for "who benefits?"  -- A way to understand otherwise incomprehensible or secret conduct.

I'm sending in a donation to the Legal Defense Fund first thing tomorrow, which is a practical way to express my reaction to this.

Scott Mitchell
TIGHAR #3292

Scott Doudrick

• T1
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »

I have been thinking about posting this for a couple of days

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/06/29/texas-teen-facing-eight-years-after-violent-league-of-legends-threat/

Sarcastic comments on forums can have unfortunate consequences.  I'm not saying that I have encountered anything in this forum akin to what was typed by the teen. However, I AM saying is that the law doesn't necesarially have to take the context of comments into account, or might err on the side of caution or make an example as it seems with this teen. Just don't want folks here to get themselves or TIGHAR into trouble because they are passionate about finding AE.

Nor are you likely to encounter anything here akin to what may be found in the site Chris provided a link for, either.  Perhaps you should share this nugget with that crowd - some of that vitriol at least borders on violent thought.

I hope everyone understands that the link I gave was just an easy-to-see example of on-line comments getting taken out of context - like I am afraid mine may have been - no disrespect meant to anyone on any of the sites, especially not to this one!

Cheers,
Scott

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »

I'll grant you that it can be hard to tell when people who see 75 year old underwater toilet paper are being facetious, but the context of the thread seemed perfectly serious to me.  With your permission I'll post the complete thread as it was shown to me and people can decide for themselves what is reprehensible.

I'm calling your bluff on this Tim. Shall I post the thread?

Go ahead, Ric, as far as I am concerned (all 18 posts), though I am probably not the one whose permission you need.

Bear in mind, however, that you are violating the privacy of others who assumed they were writing in sanctuary.

You must be desparate to think you can win this battle with PR.  My advice to you is to get a competent forensic analyst to review those 8.55 (2010) and 16 minute (2012) high definition videos to verify your opinions about all that "coral".

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:05:23 PM by Tim Mellon »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »

Go ahead, Ric, as far as I am concerned (all 18 posts), though I am probably not the one whose permission you need.

It's good to have your permission but I need to consult our legal team about how to handle the others.  Like you, I'd really like for folks to be able to see what was written.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »

That's kind of hypocritical, don't you think, since you banned most of the others from expressing facts or expertise opinions that don't agree with your opinion on TIGHAR Forum?
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 06:32:55 PM by Tim Mellon »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 51   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org