Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund  (Read 705540 times)

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
Re: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »

I wish I could be there too.
I wonder if we could sign something saying we support TIGHAR that can be submitted?
I already donated to the Legal Defense fund.
I think there is great support for TIGHAR. I know I am not alone in wishing there was something else we could do.
3971R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »

I wonder if we could sign something saying we support TIGHAR that can be submitted?

'Fraid not, and there won't be any fireworks or Jack Nicholson "A Few Good Men" moments.  Just lawyers talking lawyer talk, but so far we have:
Monty Fowler
Ted Campbell
Andrew McKenna
Karen Hoy

This is turning into The March on Casper. I really didn't expect this. Our lawyers can't believe it.  I'll set up a little email list tomorrow for coordinating hotels, transportation, etc.   

Friend Weller

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2013, 07:17:23 AM »

I'm only seven hours away.....but how to traverse those seven hours?  Coincidentally, I would pass right through Rock Springs!  I look forward to that e-mail list - perhaps it will make my participation in The March on Casper possible!

Friend
TIGHAR 3086V

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »

"March on Casper" ... way cool.

But we are not going to go down the "Letter from the Natrona County Jail"* route. At least not right away. Although I learned a long time ago to never say Never.

* - with apologies to Martin Luther King.

LTM, who has no fear of flying,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2013, 03:38:47 PM »

I smell the beginnings of the first (well maybe not the first...I don't know) annual TIGHAR Convention and fund raiser! 
Maybe it should be an annual event (leaving out the lawyers please...no offense to any lawyer members...whoops). 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2013, 09:13:54 PM »

OOOHHH,....OOOOHHHH- I can see it now, a group of TIGHAR wearables clad persons walking in the street of Casper singing, "We shall overcome....!"

Oh well- someone had to be the first to bring it up! Wish I could come and support the cause too! Will keep up the prayers for all!
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Joshua Doremire

• T1
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »

Make sure to obtain any necessary permits if this turns into a march and/or protest...  ;D
TIGHAR # 4274R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »

No pitchforks, no torches, no placards, no chanting of slogans (tempting as it may be).  We don't need to do any of that.  Just being there is enough to send the message.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »

No pitchforks, no torches, no placards, no chanting of slogans (tempting as it may be).  We don't need to do any of that.  Just being there is enough to send the message.

I suppose tin-foil hats are out too... damn!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2013, 09:57:53 AM »

I suppose we could each carry a roll of toilet paper. (I'm going to get in SO much trouble for even suggesting that.)

Brano Lacika

• T1
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »

I suppose we could each carry a roll of toilet paper. (I'm going to get in SO much trouble for even suggesting that.)

His Majesty stuff?  ;D ( sorry...  :-[ )

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2013, 08:32:54 AM »

In all seriousness, I think TIGHAR's interests will be best served if the TIGHAR delegation at the hearing in Casper wear respectable business attire, i.e. jackets and ties(a shirt would also be nice) for the gentlemen and the equivalent for the lady.  I'll bring TIGHAR lapel pins for everyone.  We'll sit together.  The court will know who we are.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2013, 08:36:51 AM »

*ponders* Well, I suppose I could wear a real shirt and a tie. T-shirts are hard to get a tie to look good on.

LTM, who watches where he tyes is ties,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »

A word of caution before everyone gets too excited:

For the court to ask for oral arguments on Motion to Dismiss is highly unusual but we can't assume the judge is on the verge of dismissing the case.  He apparently has some questions he wants the attorneys to answer.  We don't know what those questions are.  We should not expect an instant ruling "from the bench." At the end of the hearing the judge will probably take the answers "under advisement" and issue a written ruling on the Motion within a week or two.  He might throw out some parts of the complaint and leave others standing.  Or he could dismiss the case, point out the errors, and give the plaintiff an opportunity to re-submit.  Or he could dismiss the case "with prejudice" which would kill it at least within his jurisdiction - that rarely happens. 

That said, hearing the nature of the judges questions should tell us something about how he views the case.

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »

Ric,

I’ll make you a deal.  I will wear a clean pressed shirt and blazer but no tie (heck I think I forgot how to tie the darn thing – if I tried it wouldn’t be pretty) or I’ll sit in the back of the room.  Your call.

Ted Campbell
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 51   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org