Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New TIGHAR Tracks  (Read 73701 times)

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: New TIGHAR Tracks
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

Check out the photo to see what I mean about the conditions in the Baltic

Amazing photo - looks like the officers' mess with a pot-bellied stove. I think one can still read the clock on the wall between the port-holes.

Thanks, Chris.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Jeff Scott

• T2
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »

My copy arrived last week.  It's very nicely done!

Several organizations I belong to offer electronic publications to lower their costs.  Is it possible to request TIGHAR Tracks electronically instead of by mail?
It's not too late to be great.

John Balderston

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »

Identical to J. Nevill's comment.  Was on travel when the mailing went out - arrived home to find this substantial issue.  Very nice work!  Looking forward to reviewing in detail.  Cheers, John
John Balderston TIGHAR #3451R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 01:25:58 PM »

Several organizations I belong to offer electronic publications to lower their costs.  Is it possible to request TIGHAR Tracks electronically instead of by mail?

Absolutely.  We've made the offer twice in TIGHAR Tracks mailings but, so far, only one member has asked for a PDF instead of paper. We don't put out printed publications very often because the cost is hideous, but TIGHAR members do seem to like a hold-in-your-hand journal once in a while.  Anyone who would just as soon have a PDF can just let me know and we'll note your file.

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:27 AM »

ALL my newletters come via email.  If I want to take it with me (hold it in my hand) I can print it.  Don't see why it wouldn't work the same here. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Lauren Palmer

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 07:09:25 AM »

Absolutely.  We've made the offer twice in TIGHAR Tracks mailings but, so far, only one member has asked for a PDF instead of paper. We don't put out printed publications very often because the cost is hideous, but TIGHAR members do seem to like a hold-in-your-hand journal once in a while.  Anyone who would just as soon have a PDF can just let me know and we'll note your file.
I received the journal, and love it!  I also don't want a computer copy - I've received lots of things on the computer which had compatibility problems, and don't want to buy new software/hardware etc updates just to read.  Hard to print out pictures, also, and I am happy to have these color shots!

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 01:54:00 AM »

Definitely immersed in seawater, but I agree, two weeks does not make it comparable to "that certain banjo".

The wooden Swedish ship Wasa was recovered after centuries, and I believe has been restored.

This may be of interest re 'the banjo' Titanic Violin

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »

For all of you who are not yet TIGHAR members, the new TIGHAR Tracks is now up on the TIGHAR website as individual, downloadable PDFs for each article.

Also, don't miss the photo caption contest on the TIGHAR Facebook page

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »

Got my TIGHAR Tracks and was fully absorbed reading it cover to cover. Great job everyone!!
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »

Love the Tighar Tracks! 
Quick question and if this has been asked and answered before....my apologies. 
The triangulation that Jeff Glickman did on the "Nessie" photo, was a similar process done to the "Dash Dot" photos?   
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »

The triangulation that Jeff Glickman did on the "Nessie" photo, was a similar process done to the "Dash Dot" photos?   

Good catch.  No, and Jeff has recently been after me to get a hi-res scan of that photo.  The original print is in a collection in New Zealand. I just haven't gotten around to asking them.  Mea culpa.

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 09:09:01 AM »

It would be interesting to pinpoint those objects.
TIGHAR Member #4154

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »

It would be interesting to pinpoint those objects.

Yes it would.  Thanks for the prod.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2013, 04:53:44 PM »

Hey Ric

Maybe you could get a re scan of the following image, having been able to use the original image from Tighar Tracks there seem's to be more to your shadow anomaly, i have just put these together to show what i mean

worth a closer look in my opinion

Thanks Richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 07:54:35 PM »

Maybe you could get a re scan of the following image, having been able to use the original image from Tighar Tracks there seem's to be more to your shadow anomaly, i have just put these together to show what i mean

worth a closer look in my opinion

The ship gives us a way to scale the anomaly.  That ship is over 500 feet long and it's farther away from the camera than the anomaly.  The anomaly is far too big to the airplane.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org