Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computers and software  (Read 19850 times)

Bob Lanz

• T4
Re: Computers and software
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »

Apple! Why is it more secure? because its not worth writing virus/malware for something that doesn't dominate the market (not that I believe in MS its just that's the market leader)

BTW Novell, doing en years ago what Microsoft Server can only just do.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/microsoft-urges-customers-install-security-tool-1B5948322  "Nuff Said..........

Bill, what has this to do with Apple?  This can happen to any Browser running on any computer.  MS IE isn't the only Browser that has had security issues and I find it disingenuous for anyone to vilify Microsoft.  Those who write these malicious virus/malware/trojans/ etc. are evolving at a rapid pace.  Apparently faster than the protection software can catch them but they always seem to, don't they!  And NO, not "Nuff Said......" to those who may be ill informed.
Doc
TIGHAR #3906

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:54:54 AM by Bob Lanz »

Bill Roe

• T3
Re: Computers and software
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »

Apple! Why is it more secure? because its not worth writing virus/malware for something that doesn't dominate the market (not that I believe in MS its just that's the market leader)

BTW Novell, doing en years ago what Microsoft Server can only just do.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/technolog/microsoft-urges-customers-install-security-tool-1B5948322  "Nuff Said..........

Bill, what has this to do with Apple?  This can happen to any Browser running on any computer.  MS IE isn't the only Browser that has had security issues and I find it disingenuous for anyone to vilify Microsoft.  Those who write these malicious virus/malware/trojans/ etc. are evolving at a rapid pace.  Apparently faster than the protection software can catch them but they always seem to, don't they!  And NO, not "Nuff Said......" to those who may be ill informed.

No. 1, Bob I'm not "vilifying MS.  That accusation is disingenuous.  I merely provided a link clearly demonstrating the consistent and latest security problems as suffered by MS. 

And no it doesn't happen to any browser - i.e. Safari or any Linux based browser.  Apple products are flat out more secure - not only their software but also with their hardware.  I'm the least techie guy on this board and cannot explain techie stuff - and, frankly, I have little if any interest.  Thankfully I can rely on others - and my experts a clear in that I am safer than you are.  So there.  ;) :D

Bill Roe

• T3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org