Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Applying ethical standards to conduct (archaeology and moderation)  (Read 36669 times)

R F Wade

• T1
Re: Applying ethical standards to conduct (archaeology and moderation)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 06:49:52 AM »

Marty you have finally managed to give me an apology by admitting that you lied by claiming that I had suggested malfeasance, when in fact it was your spin on my statement that created that interpretation. Thank you - it would, you must admit, have been a lot easier for you to have admitted that your original statement was in fact a deliberate or accidental misinterpretation of what I said. I will be charitable and assume that you did not intend to lie but instead you found yourself in a position that you could not escape from without embarrassment, but in the end I am glad to see that honesty did at last triumph.
[/quote]

::)
LOL

T R O L L
From WORDIQ.com:

Internet troll/draft - Definition

"On the Internet, troll is a slang term for a person who posts messages intended to create controversy or provoke an angry response rather than to add content to a discussion."

I do believe we have found Dr. McKay's profession.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 10:18:20 AM »

Marty you have finally managed to give me an apology ...

I wouldn't call it that.  But you have your own belief system, and if you believe that's an apology, who am I to unsettle your faith?

... by admitting that you lied by claiming that I had suggested malfeasance, when in fact it was your spin on my statement that created that interpretation.

That is the beauty of apophasis.  You get to suggest things without taking any responsibility for the suggestion. 

Thank you - it would, you must admit, have been a lot easier for you to have admitted that your original statement was in fact a deliberate or accidental misinterpretation of what I said.

I think it is a deliberate and accurate categorization of what you said.

I will be charitable and assume that you did not intend to lie but instead you found yourself in a position that you could not escape from without embarrassment, but in the end I am glad to see that honesty did at last triumph.

I'm grateful to see how much you esteem charity and honesty.  These are splendid metaphysical realities.  Your intention to be charitable becomes you.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Malcolm McKay

• Read-only
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »

But you have your own belief system, and if you believe that's an apology, who am I to unsettle your faith?

Marty you are too modest - an apology is always good for the soul - you are to be congratulated. Once more I offer my thanks and I am happy that this little contretemps has been resolved. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org