Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artifact 2-2 -- Sheet of aluminum with red paint  (Read 14455 times)

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
Artifact 2-2 -- Sheet of aluminum with red paint
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

Is there any relationship between the faint red coloration on one side of artifact 2-2 as described by the NTSB and the red color on the underside of the wings of Ms Earhart's plane?

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
Re: Artifact 2-2 -- Sheet of aluminum with red paint
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »

Is there any relationship between the faint red coloration on one side of artifact 2-2 as described by the NTSB and the red color on the underside of the wings of Ms Earhart's plane?
Jeffrey, Regarding your question on artifact 2-2
Have you seen this Article? What I got from the article was that the artifact would not be the same type of aluminum used for the skin of the Electra, but maybe was a piece of spare aluminum that they may have carried, maybe painted at some time.
http://tighar.org/Publications/TTracks/1996Vol_12/objects.pdf
3971R

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:35:57 PM by Gregory Lee Daspit »

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 06:18:04 PM »

Yes. I have read that. The faint red coloration as described by the NTSB is compelling. Is 2-2 due another look; find out if possible if the reddish color is paint. Find out if possible the makeup of the red coloration depicted on Ms Earhart's plane?

Thanks, Gregory!

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »

Gregory:  I stand corrected. No, I had not seen what you provided. What I failed to effectively relay to you was that I had seen  the NTSB report. Thanks much for providing your link. Is this something like a Tighar official summary of the artifacts discussed in the link? If so, I was hoping to get hold of it.

Thanks much.  Jeff

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:45:37 AM »

Jeffrey, I'm not sure if this is what you wanted( I just got on the forum recently), but the link below may be a starting point.
 http://tighar.org/wiki/Category:Artifacts

This link, Appendix B has a good list of artifacts. You will see there is an appendix C on the bottom to click on and it has more artifacts. It's just a list though.
http://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Expeditions/NikuVI/PIPAreport/PIPAAppendices/PIPAAppendixB.html
The expedition reports seem to have more info but not of every artifact found.
3971R

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:47:13 AM by Gregory Lee Daspit »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org