Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amelia Earhart in Hawaii Exhibit | Photos  (Read 24408 times)

Erik

• T3
Amelia Earhart in Hawaii Exhibit | Photos
« on: July 14, 2010, 05:14:35 AM »

Thought this might be of interest.
...Matson Navigation Company Archives to present a collection of recently discovered and rarely seen photographs...

http://www.starwoodhotelshawaii.com/landing-pages/media-center/upcoming-events/amelia-earhart-in-hawaii-exhibit

Amelia Earhart in Hawaii Exhibit

WHAT:    Amelia Earhart at The Royal Hawaiian – A Collection of Recently Discovered Photos from Matson Archives

WHEN:    July 24, 2010 till the end of the year (July 24 marks the anniversary of Amelia’s birthday in 1897)

WHERE:    Coronet Lounge at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Amelia Earhart in Hawaii Exhibit | Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »

Thought this might be of interest.
...Matson Navigation Company Archives to present a collection of recently discovered and rarely seen photographs...

http://www.starwoodhotelshawaii.com/landing-pages/media-center/upcoming-events/amelia-earhart-in-hawaii-exhibit

Amelia Earhart in Hawaii Exhibit

WHAT:    Amelia Earhart at The Royal Hawaiian – A Collection of Recently Discovered Photos from Matson Archives

WHEN:    July 24, 2010 till the end of the year (July 24 marks the anniversary of Amelia’s birthday in 1897)

WHERE:    Coronet Lounge at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort

Could be photos that TIGHAR has never seen.

Do we have any Hawaii folks in the Forum?

Any friends of the owners of the collection?
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:35:40 AM »

That's awesome! I want to go see this! Awww, the third photo at the top is soooo cute! ;D

Daniel Paul Cotts

• T2
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

http://hawaii.gov/hawaiiaviation/aviation-photos/1930-1939/Misc.%20Aviation/ha_photo_album_view?b_start:int=12&-C=

Bottom right photo - Mrs. Fred Noonan, widow of famous aviator lost with Amelia Earhart, visits Hawaii.

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »

I wonder if the site will be adding more photos to the site, just like they added some photo examples at the top of the page... Unless, there'd be another site that would possibly have more photos of AE in Hawaii (besides the sites listed above)... I know the Purdue.edu library had the first two photos listed on their page. :) Not the third one, though, that I know of...

Bill Lloyd

• T3
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 07:08:50 PM »

That's awesome! I want to go see this! Awww, the third photo at the top is soooo cute! ;D
Amelia was certainly photogenic and in that photo she is glamorous.  On the table in front of her appears to be a crystal dish containing cigarettes and to the left, a cigarette lighter.  In 1928 she advertised Lucky Strike Cigarettes.

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »

Amelia was certainly photogenic and in that photo she is glamorous. On the table in front of her appears to be a crystal dish containing cigarettes and to the left, a cigarette lighter. In 1928 she advertised Lucky Strike Cigarettes.

Why wouldn't she be photogenic? ;) ;D Just noticed the cigarette lighter and crystal bin... Funny, though, cause I don't think Amelia ever smoked... Nevertheless, she does look absolutely stunning in that photo, especially the fact that she's actually grinning and not doing her "lips closed" smile. :)

Bill Lloyd

• T3
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »

Being photographed frequently and having to look glamorous all the time indicates a nexus to the cosmetic items being found at the Seven Site. This photograph would be an excellent evidenitary exhibit supporting that point.

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 08:01:58 PM »

Being photographed frequently and having to look glamorous all the time indicates a nexus to the cosmetic items being found at the Seven Site. This photograph would be an excellent evidenitary exhibit supporting that point.

That's true. I looked up the hotel she stayed at while there, and it is gla-mour-ous! Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/. :)

Hilary Christine Olson

• TIGHAR member
  • My Passion
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »

Erik Wrote:     Amelia Earhart at The Royal Hawaiian – A Collection of Recently Discovered Photos from Matson Archives

July 24, 2010 till the end of the year (July 24 marks the anniversary of Amelia’s birthday in 1897)

When I saw the picture of AE in the halter top I knew I had seen it before. I just came accross  an old saved link on an old hard drive I was exploring . Nauticos used it when they were revamping their website . It was also in colour . Hilary
HCO

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »

Erik Wrote:     Amelia Earhart at The Royal Hawaiian – A Collection of Recently Discovered Photos from Matson Archives

July 24, 2010 till the end of the year (July 24 marks the anniversary of Amelia’s birthday in 1897)

When I saw the picture of AE in the halter top I knew I had seen it before. I just came accross  an old saved link on an old hard drive I was exploring . Nauticos used it when they were revamping their website . It was also in colour . Hilary

Oh, cool! Could you maybe, possibly share the picture with us (if you're allowed to)? :)

Erik

• T3
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 01:24:24 PM »

KITV has posted a video segment. Click HERE to see it.

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »

KITV has posted a video segment. Click HERE to see it.

Thanks for sharing the video, Erik. :) Dang, now I want to see this exhibit! Gotta love many photos of AE on vacation! :P

Ashley Such

• T3
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:36:15 PM by Ashley »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org