Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Red Tails are getting another shot at fame  (Read 10261 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
The Red Tails are getting another shot at fame
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »

Not historic aircraft recovery, per se, but, Hollyweird is paying tribute to the Tuskeegee Airmen, the "Red Tails" of WW II fame, on the big screen and in a big way:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810095581/trailer

The fact that it is from Lucasfilms gives me pause, as I suspect PC will overpower historical accuracy, and there is a boatloaddddddddd of CG in the trailer (I also rather suspect that may be the sum of the aerial sequences for the entire movie, hope I'm wrong). Regardless, I hope when Hollyweird is done with them, it won't have diminished what these extraordinary men accomplished more than 60 years ago.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Chris Austin

• T2
Re: The Red Tails are getting another shot at fame
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »

Regardless, I hope when Hollyweird is done with them, it won't have diminished what these extraordinary men accomplished more than 60 years ago.

My worry exactly, the TRUE story of the 332nd Fighter Group was magnificent enough and doesn't need the obvious embellishment that Hollywood will give it.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: The Red Tails are getting another shot at fame
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »

Hmph, it is gone from Yahoo but is now at IMDB, go figure - http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi624270361

And purusing it a little more carefully, yes, there are some minor historical inaccuracies, but ... if they get the gist of it right, then I think we might have a winner here.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org