Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book: Age of Heroes  (Read 14008 times)

Ken munyard

• T1
Book: Age of Heroes
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:47:04 PM »

Hi Everyone ..just a newbie from down under.
What has sparked my interest came from the book i just finished titled " Age of Heroes " penned by one Henri Keyzer-Andre. Now this guys life seemed totally incredible.
Ex airline pioneer with Pan AM and a zillion other things he done...you need to read the book, if you can get it.
Anyway he dedicates two chapters in his book on the A. E story and his graphic findings involving the Japanese. I am a little surprised none of his findings seem to appear on this or any other website that  I have googled.
This fella Henri K-A seems to have massive credibility from the highest echelons of power both U.S and abroad.
I am missing something here ??
Comments please.
Kenno in Brisbane OZ

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: Book: Age of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 04:51:47 AM »

Publisher info

Title Age of heroes
Authors Henri Keyzer-André, Hy Steirman
Edition illustrated
Publisher Hastings House, 1993
ISBN 0803893515, 9780803893511
Length 302 pages

h.a.c. van asten

• T4
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 06:49:18 AM »

Hi Everyone ..just a newbie from down under.
What has sparked my interest came from the book i just finished titled " Age of Heroes " penned by one Henri Keyzer-Andre. Now this guys life seemed totally incredible.
Ex airline pioneer with Pan AM and a zillion other things he done...you need to read the book, if you can get it.
Anyway he dedicates two chapters in his book on the A. E story and his graphic findings involving the Japanese. I am a little surprised none of his findings seem to appear on this or any other website that  I have googled.
This fella Henri K-A seems to have massive credibility from the highest echelons of power both U.S and abroad.
Comments please.
Kenno in Brisbane OZ

Does Keyzer-Andre mention One Line Approaches to islands  by Clipper navigators 1935-1940 ?

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »

Without reading the book, is this "another" captured/taken by the Japanese and executed or died in captivity theory?  If so, there are many different variant of that one depending on whom is telling their version of the Theory.  But as such it is still, like the others a theory, not documented fact.

The credentials of the author may make the theory more believable to the reader but does not make it anymore correct then other theories out there.  To one up the previous books on the subject, the author will state that they have access to documents/files/interviews, etc, that others didn't and therefore has answers that others don't.  Usually it sells books.  Until that smoking gun is found, you have at least 5 choices to choose from.

Captured by the Japanese and interred and executed or died while in captivity
Crashed in the sea and sank
Returned to the US under a new identity
Landed and eventually perished on Gardner Island (Nikumororo) as a castaway
And of course we can't forget abducted by aliens

If I missed any of the current theories passed down throughout the years please add them.

LTM,

Don

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:45:13 AM »

If I missed any of the current theories passed down throughout the years please add them.

I think you may have missed the "crashed and died elsewhere" category for "Alternative theories".  Of course, some of them may then turn into "Japanese capture" theories, too.  I won't add Atchason's version of the Gilbert theory until he has come up with some shred of evidence other than "it looks good to me on Google earth."

1 Splashed-and-Sank
        1.1 Near Howland Island
        1.2 After spying
        1.3 Survivability after ditching

2 Caught spying
        2.1 Died on Saipan
        2.2 Died on Tinian
        2.3 Died on any number of Pacific Islands
        2.4 Survived and came home
            2.4.1 Came home and hid in New Jersey

3 Crashed elsewhere
        3.1 In the Gilbert Islands
        3.2 In the Phoenix Islands
            3.2.1 McKean
            3.2.2 Winslow Reef
            3.2.3 Christmas Island
            3.2.4 Kanton Island
        3.3 Papua New Guinea
            3.3.1 On New Britain Island
            3.3.2 Matsungan Island, Bougainville

4 Star Trekked
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »

Only that the guy was a total fraud.  Zero credibility.  Utter nonsense. 

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

Only that the guy was a total fraud.  Zero credibility.  Utter nonsense. 

Don't hold back Ric, please tell us how you really feel about him  ;D

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 02:14:14 PM »

I am a little surprised none of his findings seem to appear on this or any other website that  I have googled.
Don't hold back Ric, please tell us how you really feel about him

You can read Ric's 1993 review of Age of Heroes in TIGHAR Tracks.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:48:11 PM by Bruce Thomas »

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »

I am a little surprised none of his findings seem to appear on this or any other website that  I have googled.
You can read Ric's 1993 review of Age of Heroes in TIGHAR Tracks.

Won't be getting it out of the libry then :)

Ken munyard

• T1
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:32:08 PM »

Well glad we got that sorted pretty quick !
I had suspicions Mr Henri K-A was a bit of a big noter (or was it his ghost writer).
I have lived may years in and around remote pacific isles and my gut feeling is that unless a super duper mapping magnetometer/sounder is used to scan the bottom of this very large search area the mystery will always sadly remain a mystery.
But in saying that never but never give up !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org