Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Preview Available  (Read 5365 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Book Preview Available
« on: February 01, 2024, 01:40:02 PM »

The Naval Institute Press has released a preview of my new book One More Good Flight - The Amelia Earhart Mystery.
You can read it at https://issuu.com/usnibooks/docs/gillespie_one_more_good_flight_book_prvw

The preview includes:
• The Table of Contents
• The Preface
•  Chapter One - Plane Crazy
•  Chapter Two - Fame And More Fame
•  The Index (with dummy text). The Index has not yet been completed.
•  About The Author

It’s actually more than we expected the publisher to reveal prior to the full book’s official release September 15, 2024. Let me know what you think.

Diego Vásquez

• TIGHAR member
Re: Book Preview Available
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 10:55:45 PM »

Well, since you asked...  It's hard to say of course based on the two chapters that have been released.  They contain a  lot of background info that new readers will need to know, but most of us here will be fairly familiar with that already.  Based just on the TOC, I'm somewhat disappointed that it appears that only the last 45 pages are devoted to Tighar's Earhart Project.  I have no doubt that the preceding 288 pages will still be an interesting read and contain at least some new information for just about anybody, but I was looking forward to seeing more about the twists and turns of Tighar's research.  That said though, still count me in.  You know I'm Gardner-skeptic, but I've always said that one of your strengths has been that you are an excellent writer and story teller.  I always recalled a bit about AE from childhood (a long time ago), but Finding Amelia rekindled my interest and started me on the path of looking into her more seriously.  Can I still get an autographed copy of One More Good Flight when it comes out, or has that window passed?
I want to believe.

Diego V.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 07:48:39 AM »

Based just on the TOC, I'm somewhat disappointed that it appears that only the last 45 pages are devoted to Tighar's Earhart Project.  I have no doubt that the preceding 288 pages will still be an interesting read and contain at least some new information for just about anybody, but I was looking forward to seeing more about the twists and turns of Tighar's research.

For an in-depth blow-by-blow account of TIGHAR's investigation see The Earhart Expeditions podcast series available wherever you get podcasts.

Can I still get an autographed copy of One More Good Flight when it comes out, or has that window passed?

You can pre-order a signed copy at https://tighar.wisdomfilters.com/cart

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 05:37:42 AM »

Diego- I second the podcast series- an EXCELLENT series and it is Ric himself you get to her doing the telling!
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Guus Dekker

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 03:20:33 AM »

Hi,
Is it really true that when purchasing "One more Good flight" there are no shipping costs to Belgium?!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 08:25:53 AM »

Hi,
Is it really true that when purchasing "One more Good flight" there are no shipping costs to Belgium?!

No, we have never said the shipping of signed copies of One More Good Flight will be free.  The book will measure 10x7x1 inches and weigh 24 ounces.  When the books are ready to be shipped we'll offer a variety of options and accept payment via the TIGHAR Store.

Guus Dekker

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 04:59:20 AM »

Hi,
I already suspected something like that! When I prepare my order on-line, it shows 0.00 shipping costs! Hence my question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org