Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Discovery Channel Show  (Read 134437 times)

Tim Collins

• T4
Re: Discovery Channel Show
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2010, 07:04:39 AM »

The action lately has been on Facebook

Now you tell us -  Not everybody does facespace! I would have thought a forum dedicated to the topic (to begin with) would have been sufficient. Oh, well... just another site I need to monitor... 

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2010, 07:41:38 AM »

I'm just waiting like everyone else--to see if there was anything to wait for---
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Daniel Paul Cotts

• T2
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »

Tim, Click on the TIGHAR home button on the top left of this forum page. On the left side of that page is a brief view of the recent Facebook entries. Clicking on an item will open a new Facebook window. New additions are pics of human Tighars on Nuki. Definitely worth seeing and easy to do.

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »

Ashley, what time zone are you in?

Mountain Time (Arizona).

(Although, when I called to schedule an interview for Disney, the woman said I'm currently in Pacific Time? ???)

EDIT~ Just looked at the Facebook page; the "personalities to watch for" thing going on is interesting. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:04:09 PM by Ashley »

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2010, 06:52:46 AM »

Tim, Click on the TIGHAR home button on the top left of this forum page. On the left side of that page is a brief view of the recent Facebook entries. Clicking on an item will open a new Facebook window. New additions are pics of human Tighars on Nuki. Definitely worth seeing and easy to do.

Thanks, it is easy, didn't mean to sound so surly about. Day in and day out I deal with lazy students who fritter away so much time on facebook etc., then complain when you expect them to learn and work, so I have a bad taste of them. Deep breath... heavy sigh, another deep breath. There, better...  Now if only the twitching would stop...

t

Bill Lloyd

• T3
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2010, 10:16:05 AM »

The action lately has been on Facebook
Yes indeed. I like the action on Facebook. I was unaware that Hot Lips Houlihan was on Niku. What about Radar and Hawkeye? I think that Ric is a dead ringer for Col Potter.  ;D

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »

I think that Ric is a dead ringer for Col Potter.

Well, they both like horses.   ;D
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »

Took a look at the Facebook page today; literally LOL'd at the Stephen Colbert appearance joke! :P

Thom Boughton

• T2
  • Infinite Rider on The Big Dogma
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:23 PM »

For whatever it might be worth. I finally have seen an advert for Saturdays' show. 

Ran across it on Discovery HD (of course) Tuesday, roughly midday. Hate to say it....wasn't terribly remarkable.  One of those 15 second quickie trailers they love to do. But....any exposure is better than none, I guess.

....tb
TIGHAR #3159R

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2010, 09:17:49 PM »

I've heard that sneak previews of "Finding Amelia" have now gone up on the Discovery Channel.

I haven't tried the link myself ...
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Chris Austin

• T2
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2010, 08:22:37 AM »

Hi All, I thought I'd try and make my first post a productive one. So, with a vested interest, being a Brit, I contacted Discovery UK and asked if they planned to show Finding Amelia this side of the pond. This is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Discovery Networks Europe Viewer Relations.

We will most likely air this in Europe as we tend to air most programs on both continents, but unfortunately we have no current plans for Finding Amelia. This does not mean that we've decided not to air it, but that it has not been planned for yet. We do only plan two months in advance so it is possible that Finding Amelia will be planned in early spring; if you would like an update feel free to contact us again then.

Kind regards,
Johan Henriksson
Discovery Networks Europe Viewer Relations Team"

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2010, 09:49:08 AM »

Hi All, I thought I'd try and make my first post a productive one. ...

Mission accomplished!  "You may sleep now and take your rest."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ashley Such

• T3
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »

I've heard that sneak previews of "Finding Amelia" have now gone up on the Discovery Channel.

I haven't tried the link myself ...

The sneak previews were interesting. :) Thanks for the link.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2010, 06:23:52 AM »

What about Radar and Hawkeye?

Funny you should mention it. We had an expert in Ground Penetrating Radar on the team but he didn't have much luck getting it to work in the Niku environment. We started calling him Radar but stopped when we learned that he REALLY didn't appreciate the name.  As for me being a dead ringer for Col. Potter - I'll take that as a compliment. I can think of a number of similarities.

Bill Lloyd

• T3
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2010, 07:42:31 AM »

What about Radar and Hawkeye?

Funny you should mention it. We had an expert in Ground Penetrating Radar on the team but he didn't have much luck getting it to work in the Niku environment. We started calling him Radar but stopped when we learned that he REALLY didn't appreciate the name.  As for me being a dead ringer for Col. Potter - I'll take that as a compliment. I can think of a number of similarities.
Strictly tongue in cheek. Humor is a good thing. Speaking of Ground Penetrating Radar, is there any technology available to you that can detect buried human bones. Seems to me that in addition to the aircraft, the best direct evidence, that is somewhere on Niku are the bones of Fred Noonan. If the bones discovered by Gallagher were indeed AE then Fred probably predeceased her and he is somewhere on that island. Locate those bones and with DNA, you should make your case.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org