Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skull DNA Analysis on CNN  (Read 3231 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Skull DNA Analysis on CNN
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 02:10:01 PM »

Yep.  Don't hold your breath.

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 02:33:17 PM »

I suspect this is partially a tease to increase audience for the TV special.

It seems unlikely they'll have the DNA results back before the special airs.  Depending on the lab they used, an analysis from sample(s) this old typically take weeks, if not months.  I suppose NG could throw a bunch of $$ at the lab to get them quicker than normal. 

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »

I think the biggest difference between the skull and the possible finger bone is that the finger spent 70 or so years on the island, whereas the skull, if hers, was only there for a few years before being placed in storage. While not a cool, dark place, the storage bin was probably cooler and (much) darker than the 7 site.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »

I know more than I can say ( I hate it when that happens) until after the show airs.  It will be interesting to see what they say in the show.

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »

Yes, I had the same sort of gag order for several month prior to a magazine article being published. They didn’t want any spoilers blabbed all over the internet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org