Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tom King reviews "Evidential Details"  (Read 14809 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ashley Such

• T3
Re: Tom King reviews "Evidential Details"
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »

Interesting review. I can see his argument about if the Electra did flip over (how in the heck could that happen?), then how would one explain the artifacts and bones? But, whoever wrote the book, I guess it's an interesting take on what... could've happened.

Alan Williams

• inactive
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »

Thanks, Marty, for posting that review. Its a great little piece by Dr. King. Interesting read.

Incidentally, I believe Dr. King well stated his view of remote sensing. He wrote something like being willing to give remote sensing the benefit of the doubt, or two, which I'd say goes for me, as well. I guess in the world of potential alternate realities ...one just never knows. Still, looks like the book is a bit of a poor effort and obviously wouldn't detract from the scientific approach TIGHAR is following.

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »

Mark Petersen

• T3
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »

Interesting article on Tom's Blog, thanks for posting the link.  Is the square area at the extreme left of the KAP overhead photo (to the left of the "7") "skull hole"? 

Great work by the 2010 Niku team. Hats off to the hard work.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »

Interesting article on Tom's Blog, thanks for posting the link.  Is the square area at the extreme left of the KAP overhead photo (to the left of the "7") "skull hole"?  ...

Comparing it to Tom's sketch on the wiki, I'd say "yes."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Mark Petersen

• T3
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 12:39:11 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation Marty.  From the photo, it looks like the 2010 Niku team did a lot more clearing and excavation compared to earlier teams.  I Can't wait to hear the results.

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »

holy crap, remote viewing. lol

somebody ripped off the plot of "the men who stare at goats":

Bob Wilton: So what do you use to remote view?
Lyn Cassady: I drink. And I find classic rock helps.
Bob Wilton: Any music in particular?
Lyn Cassady: Boston. Boston usually works.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »

I very vaguely recall there was a brief dustup in the old forum years ago, one of the remote viewing "gurus," whose name escapes me, had definitely pinned down Earhart's plane to being off a particular island in the Gilberts? (I forget) but he was very critical of the "luxurious" way TIGHAR went about looking for her, saying that when they went out and actually found the plane, they were going to eat Spam out of a can and sleep on the ground and such.

I'm still waiting, or maybe their story was in the Weekly World News and I missed it.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Daniel Paul Cotts

• T2
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »

I believe you are referring to Ed Dames. He was involved in the military remote viewing project but not as a remote viewer. He has since gone into the RV business. In the past he has been a guest on the Coast to Coast AM late night radio show. The host called him "Dr. Doom" for all the dire predictions he made - none of which (I believe) ever happened. He was correct in saying that missing aviator Steve Fossett went down in California; but was about 45 miles off the mark.

Personal remark. There is a level of consciousness that knows only truth. It would take a living saint to attain that. For the rest of us we can only hope to see through the clouds for an approximation. Occasionally someone gains a brief clear glimpse. Can RV be useful? It depends. Who is doing it? What is their record? Are there other means of verifying the reported result? There are some good intuitive folks out there. I know several. I asked one (who has a great track record in reading health issues) during Nuki VI if Tighar was looking in the right place. He said "yes." I then asked for some detail. What followed did not describe Nuki and did not fit with the radio transmissions after loss. My opinion was that he was completely wrong. The evidence found on Nuki trumps his insight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org