Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wing Commader Guy Gibson VC DSO DFC  (Read 7359 times)

Hilary Christine Olson

• TIGHAR member
  • My Passion
Wing Commader Guy Gibson VC DSO DFC
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:08:22 PM »

I have recently finished reading  Enemy Coast Ahead , Uncensored by Guy Gibson VC DSO DFC. Leader of the Dambusters.  I Enjoyed this book it gives in very vivid detail  views into WWII Bomber and Fighter commands of the RAF. He was also a very courageous pilot who was pained by the losses incurred  of ,His Men" during combat.    On the upside this man knew how to party !   The last couple of pages should be  required reading for all who live as it gives his wise insight on war prevention. Lest We Forget.

I then read Susan Ottaways'Glorious Dambuster Updated ... Has many good Photographs and details included from his family. ....
I lived near Derwent reservoir Derbyshire England ,One of their practice  sites. There is a museum in the first tower with many artifacts from the Dambusters Raid.
HCO

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org