Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Once upon a time...  (Read 7044 times)

Diane James

• T2
  • TIGHAR #4821A
Once upon a time...
« on: November 05, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »

Once upon a time this forum was filled with the thoughts and excitement of a whole bunch of bright interesting people.  Where did everybody go?  Did I miss the flight?
Diane James
TIGHAR #4821A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Once upon a time...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »

Once upon a time this forum was filled with the thoughts and excitement of a whole bunch of bright interesting people.  Where did everybody go?  Did I miss the flight?

It's a normal ebb tide.

Had 'em before, will have 'em again.

No need to take it personally!   :)   "Post hoc non est propter hoc," and all that, you know.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »

I expect after the next Tighar Tracks comes out in a week or so, a lot of people will have a lot to say.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 12:20:06 PM »

Apologies for the silence.  I've been working at getting TIGHAR Tracks finished.  This one will be a 60=page monster.  Just mailing it will cost a fortune.  Please donate if you can.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »

A thought - another non-profit I get a newsletter from asks if you prefer to get it electronically, in .pdf format. I've opted for that since it's an environmental group and that helps them with their mission. Cost to mail - nothing but a bit of server time.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »

A thought - another non-profit I get a newsletter from asks if you prefer to get it electronically, in .pdf format. I've opted for that since it's an environmental group and that helps them with their mission. Cost to mail - nothing but a bit of server time.

That's an excellent thought Monty.  We'll offer TIGHAR members that option via a TIGHARNews email when the magazine is ready to go.

Bruce Douglas Evans

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 01:59:28 AM »

Put me on the list to receive everything by email! I cannot see the point in sending out anything by snail mail these days. Saves time, postage and stationery. If someone needs a hard copy they can print it out at their own expense.

Looking forward to your next update.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 02:02:53 PM »

We'll offer TIGHAR members that option via a TIGHARNews email when the magazine is ready to go.

Thank you Mr. Gillespie sir. I'd rather see our limited funds go towards things like artifact analysis and the like.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org