Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other radio traffic from or near Howland Is. & Gardner Is.  (Read 11245 times)

David Alan

• T1
Other radio traffic from or near Howland Is. & Gardner Is.
« on: October 12, 2015, 11:29:34 PM »

A line from the news article in the Rock Springs Rocket, http://tighar.org/Publications/TTracks/2005Vol_21/onreef.pdf, "Later came signals that all could hear in the vicinity of the search.", leaves me puzzled.  Are the signals mentioned referencing those of AE or those of the search parties?  Were there any credible reports from amateur or professional radio operators in the continental U.S. -especially from those having reported hearing AE- also hearing the radio transmissions of the search parties? 

My apologies if this has been addressed before, I try to stay up on current discussions but rarely have time to post much less do any in-depth research.

cheers,
d alan

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Other radio traffic from or near Howland Is. & Gardner Is.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:54:50 PM »

Are the signals mentioned referencing those of AE or those of the search parties?

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I don't know what signals are being referred to but I'm quite sure that no further transmissions from AE were heard in Rock Springs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org