Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Niku....The Mysterious Puzzle Box  (Read 7433 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Niku....The Mysterious Puzzle Box
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:30:22 AM »

This evening I had the chance to do some walking through the forum posts, and noticed many of you like myself are beyond confused and don't know which end of the rope to start from to find any more info or research on the whereabouts of the Lockheed Electra. One of the things I found really baffling tonight was walking through the history of Gardner/Niku Island and other names given to this desolate atoll, and found out that this island was visited many times prior to the Norwich City. It seemed everytime you turned around, someone was laying claim to this tiny atoll and giving it a new name. It's like someone knew something of great value was on this island and nobody was gonna touch it. Anyway, as I continued reading it made it sound like Gardner was secretly chosen to conduct an experiment to see if aircraft were able to land there! My question is...What was happeninig at Gardner? Did Amelia/Fred fake their death to carry on with top secret matters and her elusive "Flying Laboratory"? Or were they on a secret mission on this island? Who knows! All I do know is that there are some pieces of this puzzle that dont match up and are from the wrong box! One of the things I noticed was that the Norwich City launched three of its life boats during the time of its demise upon the coral reef. At that particular time...one boat was lost, but the other two survived! So let's say that Amelia did land on Niku...so why not use the two lifeboats? According to what I read they were as big as the life boats on the Titanic. I'm still trying to figure out if she and Fred were on the island...why weren't they used...or why didn't they try to go get help? One of the things I did notice was...seeing pictures of The Norwich City today and goin back to the elusive day when it ran aground, has me wondering...why did they need lifeboats? If you can literally walk from the boat to the reef! It's like alot of this don't make sense. What I need to know was Gardner Island alot smaller than it is now. Has the reef grown that much during 1929? According to sources in the Ameliapedia it tells that when the survey party first visited the island, it was in the shape of a horseshoe? Hmm!!! Doesn't look like a horseshoe to me?
   Another thing that I find really baffling, is these cosmetics. As you know some of them were found recently at the Co-op store on the island. My question is in regards to this, is where did these come from and how did they get to the island. Its not like the Norwich City filled its holding tank with cosmetic jars and boxes and just dropped everything off. Where did they come from? And was Mrs Gallagher the only female on the island at the time? Anyway, this has a great deal of interest and makes you wonder who brought these to the island? Hope to see you soon...God Bless

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
Re: Niku....The Mysterious Puzzle Box
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »

Ditto.

I think our brave pair, wherever they ended up, merely ran out of time, fuel and life itself, unwitnessed by humans and here we all are clambering for a front seat to the answers, nearly 80 years on.

Conspiracies tend to run counter to known facts about the nature of their effort and the visible things that went on, not to mention the simplicity of the razor.  I do understand the purple flavor of them, however - full of sugar for the mind, the conspiracy notion is like cocaine for the aficionado.  Personally, I favor aliens when this comes up - leaves the chance of our pair and their craft being suddenly dropped off intact and unaged in the D.C. Mall or something...
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Niku....The Mysterious Puzzle Box
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 07:45:40 AM »

Conspiracies tend to run counter to known facts about the nature of their effort and the visible things that went on, not to mention the simplicity of the razor.

The Razor (Occam's) is indeed the guide, although often misunderstood.  It does NOT hold that the simplest answer is probably correct.  "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity."  In other words, the simplest answer that takes into account the necessary entities (the facts) is probably correct.  The trick, of course, is in establishing the necessary entities.

["Brevity is the soul of wit" and economy of language should be the soul of Forum postings. The above reply is 56 words long.]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org