Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Listen to Nikumaroro transmissions on Livehams  (Read 5677 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Listen to Nikumaroro transmissions on Livehams
« on: June 14, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »

Put 14280 in the "Frequency" box. 

Check 14290 as well.  Lee transmitted on 14290 and received on 14280 on June 15 (EDT).

Bob Harmon says any two frequencies between 14280 and 14310 might also be used.

Harmon: "If you're listening on one of the WebSDR's, you can hear Lee better if you tune to 14290 USB like normal but then click the USB-nrw button, then click the narrower button to about 1.67 khz bandwidth."

You can store frequencies.

Transmission times are 0400 GMT (UTC).

U.S. timezones:
  • EDT: midnight
  • CDT: 11 PM
  • MDT: 10 PM
  • PDT: 9 PM
The DXWorld.net thread on "T31LP - Nikumaroro Island, OC-043" says that Lee Paynter, T31LP, expects to be active "when time permits until approx. June 26th."

7.165 MHz -- 40 meter band (LSB) 5:30 AM EDT

From John Katerenchuk:

I live near Lancaster, PA and this morning was able to make a very good contact with Lee, T31LP.  The frequency was 7.165 MHz (this is the 40 meter band) on LSB (Lower Sideband).  He was transmitting and listening on this frequency at 5:30am Eastern +/- 15 minutes.  There is a regular managed net control operator so the contacts are much more organized and disciplined.  I suspect he will show up again at this same time tomorrow as the net manager invited him to do so and many people wished to contact him but he was tired and needed to get some sleep.

I will try to keep this first post in this thread updated.  Please correct me if I'm wrong!
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:05:51 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Listen to Nikumaroro transmissions on Livehams
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM »

TIGHAR is collecting feedback on receptions on its Facebook page.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org